Sonic Electronix

I correct myself...the speakers are 250w RMS, so at 2ohms, i would be 50w over power, but at 4ohms, im underpowered...is it safe to go just 50w over RMS? I know you're not supposed to, but in all honesty, will it seriously fry the speakers?

mivtCK.png

i'm curious how you are going to change the impedance load without changing the number of drivers. Also, what type of speakers are you talking about? that always helps.

Edited by shkibbybop

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

i'm curious how you are going to change the impedance load without changing the number of drivers. Also, what type of speakers are you talking about? that always helps.

Its a 4channel, and I have two right drivers, and two left all at 4ohms. If i use the 4 ohms, one driver to each output. If I go with 2ohms, two drivers to one output, wired in parallell. Brings it down to 2ohms, and I have two free channels for more drivers. And the speakers I'm using are hifonics zxi6.5c

Edited by BakermanINC

mivtCK.png

You'll probably blow them.

Turn the gain way down and never listen to them above a comfortable, distortionless level.\

If you do that, you'll probably be alright. But the speakers won't handle the full power.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Its a 4channel, and I have two right drivers, and two left all at 4ohms. If i use the 4 ohms, one driver to each output. If I go with 2ohms, two drivers to one output, wired in parallell. Brings it down to 2ohms, and I have two free channels for more drivers. And the speakers I'm using are hifonics zxi6.5c

THat won't actually change anything. 300 watts/2 speakers is still 150 watts a speaker. and the speakers you said you are using are a component set, are you talking about using the whole set or just the 6.5 woofer? The total power handling for the set is 100 watts, the power handling for each speaker is lower.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

THat won't actually change anything. 300 watts/2 speakers is still 150 watts a speaker. and the speakers you said you are using are a component set, are you talking about using the whole set or just the 6.5 woofer? The total power handling for the set is 100 watts, the power handling for each speaker is lower.

I'm using the whole component set, but they wire into an electric XO...the XO only has one input, and it is at 4ohms...so it only has 1 set of wires from the amp...

mivtCK.png

If you have 2 speakers on 1 channel ,and it will be a 2 ohm load ,and at 2 ohms your amp will put out 300 watts.Then each speaker will be getting 150 watts .So weather you use 2 channels at 2 ohms or the 4 channels at 4 ohms,you will still get the same amount of power to each speaker. An amp runs cooler and more efficient at 4 ohms than 2 ohms.Also keep this in mind ,if you have a class a/b amp its probably 60% efficient .So at 100 watts you really are only getting 60 ,and thats probably rated at 14.4 volts ,and your car wont stay at that voltage so that will bring down the power of the amp also.Hope this helps .

Member of Team 808

Member of Team North East Spl