Sonic Electronix

What's the gain knob for? To match the output voltage coming from your headunit.

And how does less volts pick up noise?

the wording is how i misinterpreted that... as for rebel his way of thinking is with a lower signal you have the chance to pick up "interference" (engine noise/ electrical noise n all that shit) so with a higher preout voltage you get a cleaner signal

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

What's the gain knob for? To match the output voltage coming from your headunit.

And how does less volts pick up noise?

the wording is how i misinterpreted that... as for rebel his way of thinking is with a lower signal you have the chance to pick up "interference" (engine noise/ electrical noise n all that shit) so with a higher preout voltage you get a cleaner signal

Now is my way of thinking wrong or correct? I've been reading and all I've been reading is that higher pre-out means less "dirt" or a better defense of "dirt" getting in.

Now is that correct or what? I'm trying to get the correct info so I don't go off telling people the wrong stuff.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

I figured that.

I'm not a 100% less voltage will pick up noise. I haven't heard this, but "dirt" wasn't a good word to explain that.

I don't see where quality 2volts with a quality amp shouldn't be any different than say 4volts.

Yeah I just thought the word dirt would be the best word IMO.

Sorry about the confusion.

Rest In Peace mother.

from my experiance with my 2v hu i haave picked up ground noise easyer theen my friends 4v and we have our rca ran same way opisit sides of car then power. also a good set of rca cables do help with ground noise

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

I figured that.

I'm not a 100% less voltage will pick up noise. I haven't heard this, but "dirt" wasn't a good word to explain that.

I don't see where quality 2volts with a quality amp shouldn't be any different than say 4volts.

obviously you havent done a swap from a 2v hu to a 4v hu. there is a hell of a difference in sound quality. ive made the switch a few times and you can always hear it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

from my experiance with my 2v hu i haave picked up ground noise easyer theen my friends 4v and we have our rca ran same way opisit sides of car then power. also a good set of rca cables do help with ground noise

Good to know my statement holds some water!

Rest In Peace mother.

Archived