Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Do All AQ2200 do this?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Please end this thread and agree to getting the 1200, there's no need for someone who doesn't know what they're doing to run 500 Rms over what their sub is rated even if someone else hooks it up for you.

That's my .02, sa-12s can get loud off of not much power and in small boxes, that's why they're such good subs, be happy you have them.

Why end the thread when it just started to get fun? Hmm? I'm just asking if I should get the AQ2200D. People said I can get it if I desire it, so... That's what I might just do. No need to end this thread :)

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

Buying the 2200d, your going to spend at least 300-400 more than the 1200d, not counting the difference in amp prices. Just in electrical upgrade, a HO would be best though.

Well, I ALSO made a thread (I make alot of threads) about buying a new alt (mechman, etc.) for the civic, but they just said "If all your going to buy is 1 AQ2200D, then 2 batteries should be fine". So.. Theres that. Haha

You can't listen to everybody. Two good batteries will cost more than a good HO alt in most cases. I'm saying if your going to buy batteries, you need a factory replace for front, and the biggest one your budget will handle for the back. And most Alts cost 300-500.

Posted

Don't be scared make the jump to the aq3500d.1 if you really want them to bump.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Posted

i say do the AQ2200 on both of them. i know those subs can take a lot more than the 2200, Ford brought up a very good point, we have the experience to know when the sub is getting pushed past its mechanical limits. but experience here isnt a huge limiting factor. the enclosure will be built and designed around the power given and the amp will have the gains set so that he is not seeing the full RMS capability of the amp until he upgrades his electrical.

this is one of the things that can not be just read and learned, hes only going to get it by doing it. and i think this is the beginning of a nice killer first system with what he is going to do. i have utmost faith in his setup

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

Buying the 2200d, your going to spend at least 300-400 more than the 1200d, not counting the difference in amp prices. Just in electrical upgrade, a HO would be best though.

Well, I ALSO made a thread (I make alot of threads) about buying a new alt (mechman, etc.) for the civic, but they just said "If all your going to buy is 1 AQ2200D, then 2 batteries should be fine". So.. Theres that. Haha

You can't listen to everybody. Two good batteries will cost more than a good HO alt in most cases. I'm saying if your going to buy batteries, you need a factory replace for front, and the biggest one your budget will handle for the back. And most Alts cost 300-500.

i agree with a lot of this, but for the AQ2200...i would honestly rather have an XS S1200 upfront and a D2400 in the back on a stock alternator which will cost about $430 shipped opposed to about $450 on an upgraded alternator and stock battery. i would save the alternator for a later purchase....who knows...he may even be able to find a used one.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

you have to realize all cars are made different so some flex more then others and some dont. and some people are idiots and put their camera or cell phone on the trunk of their car while its raddleing.

I realize that, but still, an Aq2200d would still bump harder then Aq1200D. I may be saying some pointless words, but the only way an Aq1200D can bump harder then a Aq2200D is if the Aq1200D has great electrical and box, while the Aq2200d doesn't and has a shitty box.

im buying a aq2200d in march.

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png

^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes!

anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.

Posted

Dont judge loudness by videos ( i used to hehe) because some cars are build like tin cans, and others are built pretty damn strong. I know my accord doesnt flex for shit. Yet that car is all over the place. Flex is usually a bad thing too. You dont want it unless its inevitable (30 18's) >.>

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Posted

Buying the 2200d, your going to spend at least 300-400 more than the 1200d, not counting the difference in amp prices. Just in electrical upgrade, a HO would be best though.

Well, I ALSO made a thread (I make alot of threads) about buying a new alt (mechman, etc.) for the civic, but they just said "If all your going to buy is 1 AQ2200D, then 2 batteries should be fine". So.. Theres that. Haha

You can't listen to everybody. Two good batteries will cost more than a good HO alt in most cases. I'm saying if your going to buy batteries, you need a factory replace for front, and the biggest one your budget will handle for the back. And most Alts cost 300-500.

i agree with a lot of this, but for the AQ2200...i would honestly rather have an XS S1200 upfront and a D2400 in the back on a stock alternator which will cost about $430 shipped opposed to about $450 on an upgraded alternator and stock battery. i would save the alternator for a later purchase....who knows...he may even be able to find a used one.

So, JUST to clear this statement, your saying I should get an XS S1200 upfront (Under the hood) and a D2400 in the back with the same alternator the came with (I'm guessing around 90 amps or so). And is it hard to install a battery in a car? Someone said that I need to bring it to a shop / factory and shit, but Idk if that's true. Maybe if your not experienced, but idk. And one more, is it hard to set gains? Because if it isn't, can't I buy the subs with the AQ2200, set the gains for about 1500 watts, then buy the new batteries and then reset the gains to full power ?

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

Dont judge loudness by videos ( i used to hehe) because some cars are build like tin cans, and others are built pretty damn strong. I know my accord doesnt flex for shit. Yet that car is all over the place. Flex is usually a bad thing too. You dont want it unless its inevitable (30 18's) >.>

Yeah, I realized that the Civic is kind of like that.. For example, when you shut the door, it sounds like its a can or something. Like, it doesn't seem built strong. I'm guessing that's bad :/

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2239 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...