Getting pretty annoyed with my bank. Any advice?

whos your bank? bank of america? I use a credit union.

First Niagra

Whatever you do don't go with Arrowhead. They eill charge you $8 if you don't use the debit card for a mandatory of 5 times a month.

Damn thats ghey

Fuck that bank, whatever it is. Go with a credit union and direct deposit.

Lulz

The thing with direct deposit is, im only going to work at the place i do maybe 2-3 more months and only get paid twice a month.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

There could be more going on behind the scenes.

Maybe the problem is with your employer and his funds.

100% of the time if you have a check and the writer of the check has the funds, you get the cash!

2001 Yukon XL

Sitting on 35 x 12.50 x 20, XD Monsters

Headunit: Clarion DXZ785USB

Front: B&C 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Rear: B&C 8NDL51 8" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Mids & Highs Amps: MB Quart DSC 4125, MB Quart DSC 480

Subs: 4 18" SSA ZCONS

Sub Amps: 4 GP3K Pro

Electrical: Iraggi 260a, 3 tejcurrent 240a, tejcurrent quad bracket

Kinetik - 6 HC2400

ssa_team.png

My Build Log

This past friday i deposited a paycheck at around 3pm. I go to check my balance today and i notice that it was deposited as 2 checks that were put on hold. One has cleared, the other has not. There is a deposit the amount of my check, but then there are 2 "check holds" that sum up to the amount of the paycheck.

I have no idea why the hell this happens. Any clue why they do this? Or what to do about it? :angry:

how much were the checks for? what is the cutoff time for deposits?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

There could be more going on behind the scenes.

Maybe the problem is with your employer and his funds.

100% of the time if you have a check and the writer of the check has the funds, you get the cash!

The employer is Hollister Co. I highly doubt they don't have 250$ on hand.

how much were the checks for? what is the cutoff time for deposits?

I deposited a 250$ check and on my online banking thing it showed that deposited, and then a $100 check and a $150 check being on hold. :shrug:

And i deposited it the day i got it, which was literally 3 hours after it got to my work.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

I forgot to mention, if you deposit a check into your account, it will take a while. A nice workaround is to just cash the check and then deposit the cash into the account.

Don't i have to have the amount of the check already in the account? When i cash a check like that all they do is pull the cash from my account and deposit the check like i explained above.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

I deposited a 250$ check and on my online banking thing it showed that deposited, and then a $100 check and a $150 check being on hold. :shrug:

And i deposited it the day i got it, which was literally 3 hours after it got to my work.

that sounds about right. you could have missed the deposit cut off time. if you deposited the check after the cut off time then it is just like you deposited the check today. if it isn't all cleared tomorrow then i would see what's up.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

that sounds about right. you could have missed the deposit cut off time. if you deposited the check after the cut off time then it is just like you deposited the check today. if it isn't all cleared tomorrow then i would see what's up.

The woman i talked to on friday actually called me about half hour ago asking how my experience was there. Apparently she was new, but i asked her about it and she didn't give a reason as to why. But rather said thats just how they do it. The 100 that cleared today is normal and the rest should clear tonight.

The only real reason its upset me so bad is because if it would have cleared sooner i would be the proud owner of a new amplifier. But since this happened i have to wait till tonight or tomorrow to send the last payment and then 3 days later it will ship out, then 4 days later ill have it. :angry:

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.