HUGE battery questions

First off is there any Cactus Sounds, or Digital Designs reps/dealers on the forum that are located around Central Cal?

Tax time is around the corner and it doesn't look like my car is getting sold so most of my ta money is going toasted electrical upgrades.

So my first question is, what's the best price for a Cactus Sounds CS9000 and what's the best price for the Digital Designs batt (dot remember the model number)?

Second, would either of those batts or the Battcap 8400 (IIRC) be fine in a daily driver? It not driven 100% every day but every one in a while. Lets just say it's not strictly a comp car.

And lastly, is there anything in any rule books that prohibits the use of any of those 3 batts? Mainly MECA but it'll be good to be within the guidelines of other orgs just in case I decide to jump into one of their shows some day.

Thanks in advanced everyone.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

as long as its not a "multi-cell" battery you should be fine. those have capacitors or something inside them. not sure how they work exactly. of course for dbdrag a, b, c classes the battery has to be under a specific size.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

So if its a multi-cell battery it's prohibited in comps?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

I checked the Battcap and Cactus Sounds site and there not much info on the batts so I didn't find if they were multi-cell batts.

And the Digital Designs batt doesn't show up on their site anymore.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

I could have sworn cactus sounds was overseas...

But they have some distributors in the States I believe. I was taking to someone on CACO (from New York) about it a while back and I was gonna message him again but CACO isn't working right now.

That's why I was hoping there was someone in CA too.

Idk much more than a picture from a the big cactus amp, but i know that Kickker Warhorses goes for very low prices, in the last times.

I'm looking at the batteries, not amps. But I am thinking about getting a Warhorse. =]

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

First off is there any Cactus Sounds, or Digital Designs reps/dealers on the forum that are located around Central Cal?

Tax time is around the corner and it doesn't look like my car is getting sold so most of my ta money is going toasted electrical upgrades.

So my first question is, what's the best price for a Cactus Sounds CS9000 and what's the best price for the Digital Designs batt (dot remember the model number)?

Second, would either of those batts or the Battcap 8400 (IIRC) be fine in a daily driver? It not driven 100% every day but every one in a while. Lets just say it's not strictly a comp car.

And lastly, is there anything in any rule books that prohibits the use of any of those 3 batts? Mainly MECA but it'll be good to be within the guidelines of other orgs just in case I decide to jump into one of their shows some day.

The Cactus CS9000 is a multi cell batt that is illegal in the lower classes for dB Drag. The DD batt is no longer available but was pretty much a rebadged or very similar battery to the CS9000.

If you are doing db Drags, look at their rules on line for battery limits.

Not sure about MECA

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

The Cactus CS9000 is a multi cell batt that is illegal in the lower classes for dB Drag. The DD batt is no longer available but was pretty much a rebadged or very similar battery to the CS9000.

If you are doing db Drags, look at their rules on line for battery limits.

Not sure about MECA

So DD batt pretty much = CS9000.

Do you know if the Battcap 8400 is a multi-cell batt?

I'm gonna pull up some rule books right to see what I can get out of them.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

24" Rims

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

i dont think the batcap is a multi-cell... but it's been a long time since i have looked into them.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived