Second Skin Audio

subs bottoming out. got it figured out.

baaudio

That's exactly what I thought sanitarium. Thanks for helping me out guys. New box build starts next paycheck. Ill have it in my build log

Edit. Is there any way to fix this issue temporarily?

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

seal the port or screw in an internal baffle under the two that are bottoming out as a waveguide.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

seal the port or screw in an internal baffle under the two that are bottoming out as a waveguide.

this is what i was thinking. i have a bunch of scrap mdf laying around ill give this a shot today. will this effect my port tuning at all? i guess that would depend on if i made it close to the port

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

Of course its going to affect tuning, but i doubt its going to make a huge difference really

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Of course its going to affect tuning, but i doubt its going to make a huge difference really

well ya it will some because of the displacement. but i guess ill just have to be careful in placement so i dont make it like another side to the port making it "longer"

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

Put it 1/2 way from the top edge of the port and approximately the bottom of the basket of the woofers. If that is over double the height of the port you can squeeze it down a bit if you want probably.. but try to keep something like 3x port height if possible.

No reason for that number really, just sounds good in my head ;)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Well turns out its the two nearest the port exit that are bottoming out.

yeah that's kinda what we were saying

put a small wave guide underneath those 2 subs to block the backwave from directly hitting the port mouth. or build a new box.

Archived