Sonic Electronix

Best Subs for under $200 a piece

I would recommend the Sundown SA 12s they are a great sub for that price, I should get some testing on daily use against some type r's and sa 12s, but it the two separate cars i heard, the sa 12s got down lower and were louder all around, but it was two different vehicles as well.

I'm selling DC LVL4s for $200 shipped per. 1000W subs, but they're 10s. Let me know if you're interested.

this here would be a nice deal too, if you wanted to drop down to 10s, or up your budget some and get 3 of them

Pioneer TS-3002D4/2 are 149.99 on sonicelectronix. 1000RMS/3500 Peak and they SLAM.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

well to give those subs more than rated is like 1500 rms. some cars cant do that on stock electrical

What does that have to do with the sub? The sub doesn't know if the car voltage is at 10 or 20 for example.

I wanted to know what he meant, before I assumed anything.

He means a system capable of driving 1500RMS to 2 subs, so 3000W RMS would exceed the capability of most stock electrical systems, and require other modifications, like a deep cycle battery, big 3, and a HO alternator.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Still missing my point...

I'm not disagreeing that 3000watts RMS isn't for most stock electrical systems.

But what does it have to do with a sub being able to handle more power, as that was the point he was making.

Oh. I thought that was the point he was making... anyway, i may be wrong, but large voltage drops and dirty signals are magnified the more the power the amp boosts the signal, so noise and distortion in a low output amp is not as big of a deal as an extremely high output amp, so, the louder you make a clipped/distorted/noisy signal, the more chance it will have at damaging a sub woofer, so, higher power subs are more vulnerable. especially if you are already exceeding it's rated power... all of which can be a result of bad grounds/fluctuating voltage/signal strength.

**EDIT Straight from the MECP manual, an amplifier on a struggling electrical system will not provide more power, just more distortion and dirty signals, causing more heat in the voice coils.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

No offense but what does your electrical have to do with a sub taking more than rated?

I'll give this a whack...

Voltage drop > More amperes needed > More heat produced > Amplifier is less efficient > More distortion > Less clean amplifier output > Possible clipping

You need watts to make watts.

Watts are volts x amperes.

Higher voltage is good, because that means less amperes are drawn, which is good because higher amperes produce more heat in electronics.

When your voltage drops your amplifier needs to take in more amperes to equal out to it's input wattage needs, and therefore gets hotter. The amplifier loses efficiency because more of the input wattage is getting burned off as excess heat. When it comes to amplifiers, less efficiency means it requires more power to function properly, and you may not be able to give the amp it's needed input so it will begin to clip and distort the waves, which obviously can blow a sub.

Therefore there is a correlation to your car's electrical and overpowering a sub. Albeit it is more related to the amp, you should know, a sub sees everything your amp sees.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Archived