bobmcbob_345 Posted January 16, 2011 Report Posted January 16, 2011 lol if its not termlab its not a real mesurement. a db meter on my iphone read 86 db in my friends 150 plus system. just a little off
Rebel4055 Posted January 16, 2011 Report Posted January 16, 2011 are there any dials on the amp? Rest In Peace mother. January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/
loganberry Posted January 16, 2011 Report Posted January 16, 2011 its prolly not super loud but its louder than 92db im sure, my truck only meters a 106db on my phone, but on the tl does 50+ My F-150 Build GET ON THE BANDWAGON what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder hahah jk
Holden Posted January 16, 2011 Report Posted January 16, 2011 I have a iphone. Half the apps don't work like they say, they are :bull: Chevy Avalanche Z66-BigBlue EditionPioneer AVHX2700BSCheap dont know brand(Front)2 Cadence 6.5"CVL midbass (Rear)2 78 series Autocraft Gold BatteriesStinger Battery Iso.New Mechman 270 amp alternatorLanzar OPTI4000DJbl 75.2DC SoundLab Level 5 18Lots of 1/0 and 4 gauge wiresFew 250/150 amp fusesOriental Blue House of Kolors Candy Paint18" ION alloy 179/Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac 275/70R18
Berto Posted January 16, 2011 Report Posted January 16, 2011 Well the apps and such you tried it on won't tell you the correct thing, only a termlab would do. Plus you have them in a sealed box. And for your amp to cut into protect sometimes could mean that the subs are wired wrong, bad ground, or you just set the gains a bit too high. Or a coil is going bad on one of the subs. lol if its not termlab its not a real mesurement. a db meter on my iphone read 86 db in my friends 150 plus system. just a little off Sorry to let you guys know but that's not 100% true. TEAM FLEX ISSUES Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal 24" Rims HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone. Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled) Sub Amp: DC 9k SOON TO COME T3 Audio 6x9s MB Quarts 6.5" comp set MAYBE ADDED 2nd DC 9k
rickyfromthe407 Posted January 16, 2011 Author Report Posted January 16, 2011 lol if its not termlab its not a real mesurement. a db meter on my iphone read 86 db in my friends 150 plus system. just a little off Ehhh Just a LITTTLE. LOL. are there any dials on the amp? Have a look at the amp's manual - theres not a gain specific. Theres the Low Pass Filter which filters out the freq's above whatever you set it to, I have it at about 65 I think. It goes from 50-150. Theres a Sub Sonic filter (which i think) filters everything BELOW the set freq' that is at about 30 I believe. It goes from I think 15-40. The amp is confusing just because it says "you must set GAIN (MIN / MAX) on the side of the amplifier to adjust the level of the audio signals that enter the amplifier. 1. Use a screwdriver to turn GAIN (MIN / MAX) fully counterclockwise to MIN." But ill be DAMNED if I see anything that says gain min/max ANYWHERE on the amp. and trust me I have looked at it about 100x LOL http://www.soundstream.com/manuals/AMP/EDGE%20%20manual/EDGE%20%20manual/digital/Edge-Digital.pdf Current 4 10"s System! 1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140 Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800 (4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200 XS D6500 $245.65 PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430 Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60 Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85 A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!
xXxOuTLaWxXx Posted January 16, 2011 Report Posted January 16, 2011 Okay, you have 2 subs facing the cabin and 2 facing the truck opening? That'll never work. For one you have some cancellation issues. You should try to have all the subs on the same face of the enclosure. As for the gain on the amp. Here's a starting point. If you have 5V pre outs on your headunit then only turn your gain up a quarter of the way at most and if you have 2V then don't go over 2/3rds. And your "DB Meter" really isn't a db meter for measuring accurate decibels. I think what you have may be a recording level meter or something along those lines? Get metered with a Termlab meter to get a baseline and then change your enclosure around a bit to get the subs on the same face and then meter again. If your looking for output I would go with a little bigger enclosure and tune it around 35hz or so. "i'd rather die like a man than live like a coward" quoted from Tupac
StreetSlappah Posted January 16, 2011 Report Posted January 16, 2011 Man don't trust the app. Also 4 10s should be pretty loud. Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center] Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/ 2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp 17" gold bbs 5% tint all around w/sunglare strip JVC dvd double din Knuconceptz 4ga wiring XS Power! Big 3 8" SAv2 d2 1800 audiopipe
rickyfromthe407 Posted January 16, 2011 Author Report Posted January 16, 2011 Okay, you have 2 subs facing the cabin and 2 facing the truck opening? That'll never work. For one you have some cancellation issues. You should try to have all the subs on the same face of the enclosure. As for the gain on the amp. Here's a starting point. If you have 5V pre outs on your headunit then only turn your gain up a quarter of the way at most and if you have 2V then don't go over 2/3rds. And your "DB Meter" really isn't a db meter for measuring accurate decibels. I think what you have may be a recording level meter or something along those lines? Get metered with a Termlab meter to get a baseline and then change your enclosure around a bit to get the subs on the same face and then meter again. If your looking for output I would go with a little bigger enclosure and tune it around 35hz or so. If you can find a way to line FOUR 10"s up in a 2DR Honda Civic's trunk, I will pay you to get a drawing. The trunks usable space is something like 36" wide by 13.5" tall by I think like 26" deep. Trust me bro, I tried everything, trunks TINY. But with sealed off chambers for each sub, Its not really an issue I dont think. I am aware that my phones app called "DB Meter Pro" is damn sure not a Pro DB Meter, I think if I am not mistaken the iPhone only hears up to like 105db before it stops. But I think it should be measuring more than 92, but your right, I am looking for some people with TL in my area. I cant get much bigger with my box, If I had room I would have done a ported box at probably around 35 like you said, But the room for a ported box is almost double than the sealed. I had no choice with my setup, I didnt want to wall it off. Man don't trust the app. Also 4 10s should be pretty loud. Yeah..Damn iPhone. . It is pretty loud, I just wanna know HOW loud it is. LOL. Current 4 10"s System! 1/0 Power Wire All Around + Big 3 - $140 Rockford Fosgate T2500-1BD - MSRP $1800 (4) Memphis M3 10" Subwoofers 1600watts $300ea. = $1200 XS D6500 $245.65 PIONEER AVH-P5200DVD 7" Head Unit = $430 Soundstream SC-6T Component 6.5" FRONT $60 Pioneer TS-A1673R 6.5" REAR $85 A Bangin system! = PRICELESS!
JEMT8 Posted January 16, 2011 Report Posted January 16, 2011 Were you playing music or test tones? formerly known as Jaylor Swift
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.