So I wrecked my car the other day..

I was always taught never to swerve to avoid anything, sit in your seat and hold your ass till the rides over.

Exactly, there have been many highschoolers that have died because of swerving to avoid deer/other cars, they probably would have survived if they just tried to slow down and taken the hit.

25tugio.jpg

PM me for free Photoshop stuff

SAMSQUANCH!!!!

thats not true, a head on crash at 35 is like hitting a wall at 35 not 70. i think the mythbusters proved that in an episode a while back.

I think Mr. Newton and his laws of motion would disagree with that statement.

Law III. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

There is no way the crash energy could equal that of a 35mph impact into a stationary object.

Btw even a 35mph crash into anything without a seatbelt will most likely involve serious trauma.

this was a 30 mph accident hitting a wash out, much less stopping power than hitting head on, truck hit wash out jumped in air and landed then slid to stop.

03260095145800.jpg

now think what would happen head on in a grand am, that truck has frame damage and motor into the fire wall

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

thats not true, a head on crash at 35 is like hitting a wall at 35 not 70. i think the mythbusters proved that in an episode a while back.

I think Mr. Newton and his laws of motion would disagree with that statement.

Law III. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

There is no way the crash energy could equal that of a 35mph impact into a stationary object.

Btw even a 35mph crash into anything without a seatbelt will most likely involve serious trauma.

Lol at bringing newton into this. I bet you have even taken physics throwing around names like this?

Also lol at you being wrong.

Ill try to explain this better so Im not just lolling at you and you might learn something. (lets keep this simple and assume perfect head on collision)

What happens when a car hits a wall from 35 mph? The car goes from 35 mph to stop in the distance of the crumple. The "crash energy" as you put it is equal to this.

Now what happens when a car moving 35 mph hits another car head on of equal mass going 35 mph? The first car goes from 35 mph to stop in the distance of the crumple. The other car goes from 35 mph to stop in the distance of its crumple as well. Both cars go from their 35 mph to 0 mph in the same distance as if they were hitting a wall instead of another car.

Now. How can a car that goes from 35 mph to stop have different "crash energy" than the same car going from 35 mph to stop? It can't. Is there more overall "crash energy?" Yes, of course. There are two cars with equal momentum both going 35 mph. But, the "crash energy" is double that of one car, and is equally split between them.

Therefore, there is definitely a way the crash energy could equal that of a 35mph impact into a stationary object.

Sorry at possibly being a dick, but ive been analyzing circuits for the past 6 hours.... weeee!

Edit: Also, another way to realize the fallacy in your statement... you kinda proved yourself wrong using newton. If every action has an equal and opposite reaction then there must be an equal and opposite force on the car when it hits the wall. It must be coming from the wall. (Push on a wall and it pushes back with the same force.) The force is equal to the force the car hits it with. The other car in the crash is exerting the exact same equal and opposite force the wall would have otherwise provided. Imagine if there was a wall between the two cars when they hit at the exact same time. Damn it Im just repeating the exact same concept now with different words. Im sure you get the point by now. :drinks:

@ OP, I'm sorry that happened to you. Good luck with getting you car fixed.

@ Finkster, talk about post :bull:

@ Swerve discussion, unfortunately this is true. Swerved to avoid a truck that slammed on his brakes in front of me, dunno how he stopped so fast from 40-45mph, to make a left turn, no signal or anything, I was just lucky I could keep my car in control and stay on my side of the road (both lanes unfortunately, and there wasn't any traffic in the other lane going my way. o.o Needless to say that made me :bull: as well.

POTATO!

you guys are ill informed about swerving.

You never try to hit a car front on. That is the ONLY time you swerve is when you are trying to keep away from hitting another PERSON. deer is fine to hit, and even a baby bunny is fine. But not people. I bet you'd swerve out of the way of a mack truck if it was on your side of the road, and the mack truck (even though he KNOWS he could pwn you and keep on going as if nothing even hit him) will swerve out of the way also because he also cares about you.

Most of the time in front collision the impact is such that it ends up being on the drivers side of both cars. At this point it is a discussion of morals rather than insurance purposes. He swerved to avoid hitting a chick and I wish I could buy him a beer. He swerved instead of saying fuck her" and hitting her.

Just a couple years ago on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge a tractor trailer swerved to avoid hitting a 20 year old girl and went off the bridge into the water. Yea he could have flattened her and bunch of other people but didnt out of morality.

2768442099_84d376375d.jpg

oh and ice man, blow me.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Well to the OP im glad your ok bro... Hope your insurance will help you out with the repair or vehicle replacement.. All that shit that was damaged is replaceable and you are not so count your lucky stars that you werent injured and hold your head up bro :good:

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Finkster... For a good driver they expect ahead of time and calmly turn the the wheel and think about what they are doing. When you say swerve I think of a hard right and flying off tghe road. People have to think about what they are doing and make educated decistons on how they should react. There is no such thing as swerving ifyour not suprised. You should always think what if? (Comming from the guy that hates driving because it makes me nervous as shit)

04' Chevy Blazer

-Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's, Rockford P1653's, Subs... Ridin Stock-

Finkster... For a good driver they expect ahead of time and calmly turn the the wheel and think about what they are doing. When you say swerve I think of a hard right and flying off tghe road. People have to think about what they are doing and make educated decistons on how they should react. There is no such thing as swerving ifyour not suprised. You should always think what if? (Comming from the guy that hates driving because it makes me nervous as shit)

yea swerve was kind of harsh of a word huh? Im thinking of if there is no reaction time. Of course if we were all defensive drivers we would be one car length away per 10mph from the car in front of us but that always isnt the case :)

Of course I dont mean a hard right off the road but definitely fast enough to avoid impact :P

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Archived