SPL Gains!! Updates @page 30 (routing the port)

fecupe2001

hell yeah man, its good to see some of things tested with results. good work

Glad you like it man, it´s the hole point of this topic, hope it help you some :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

what do you mean seats folded vertically? and did you try glove box open? and center console do you have a pic?

needs to try glove box open, play with sunvisors, play with seat position (forward /back / tilt), play with opening/closing air vents, play with headrests, move box around, try turning the box so the port loads into the back corner of the truck, invert the phase on the sub, round the back of the sub cutout, round all the external edges of the box, stiffen the port (fiberglass or wrap with duct tape), duct tape around sub, paint outside of box, move steering wheel, try closing off pole vent of sub, ... and i could go on and on, but i gotta let the guy atleast do a little thinking on his own....... there is atleast another 4 or 5 db in this thing.......

I have been there trying to get 1 more db and then at some point you just have to say, "FUCK IT ALREADY, LETS wire down to .5 ohm and get this bitch loud!!!" And bam you see your number and you can calm down for a minute...LOL

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Also, i haven´t play much with my termlab, i bought it from a member a month ago, how do i set it to 4 1/2 digit? that should help me a lot :)

settings > display options > channel A > spl readout > 4 1/2 digit

(hopefully i got that right, im trying to remember it off top of my head.....)

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

another important thing for people to remember with this thread is that these gains in spl arent gonna be universal. i know there are gonna be some people in this thread who are going to want to go outside and do all this stuff to their car without testing, for those people i say to just remember that what gains in one persons car might lose in another.

just a helpful tip from your neighborhood redneck. :drinks:

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Great thread, good luck at your comp!

Thanks a lot man, it´s the 2010 bass race finals, i need to end this season strong :)

i'm a fan of this thread. i'm going to have to mark this one in my favorites.

And i´m a big fan of your calculator hehe, glad you like it man!!

what do you mean seats folded vertically? and did you try glove box open? and center console do you have a pic?

needs to try glove box open, play with sunvisors, play with seat position (forward /back / tilt), play with opening/closing air vents, play with headrests, move box around, try turning the box so the port loads into the back corner of the truck, invert the phase on the sub, round the back of the sub cutout, round all the external edges of the box, stiffen the port (fiberglass or wrap with duct tape), duct tape around sub, paint outside of box, move steering wheel, try closing off pole vent of sub, ... and i could go on and on, but i gotta let the guy atleast do a little thinking on his own....... there is atleast another 4 or 5 db in this thing.......

I have been there trying to get 1 more db and then at some point you just have to say, "FUCK IT ALREADY, LETS wire down to .5 ohm and get this bitch loud!!!" And bam you see your number and you can calm down for a minute...LOL

haha yes sir, i´m trying to get as much as i can before doubleing the power, as soon as i stop gaining, i´ll change the crossfire for the DD 2512 and i´m gonna hook up a Soundstream xxx4000.1 that i have around :yahoo:

another important thing for people to remember with this thread is that these gains in spl arent gonna be universal. i know there are gonna be some people in this thread who are going to want to go outside and do all this stuff to their car without testing, for those people i say to just remember that what gains in one persons car might lose in another.

just a helpful tip from your neighborhood redneck. :drinks:

You are 100% correct good sir, that´s why i have said a few times "on this application" ´, it´s important that people understand this, what works on this box with this power and in this car, maybe it doesn´t on your case! But, there are things that might be universal i guess, for example, the vinyl or resin inside the box, extra batts, extra pos and neg runs, flares, etc etc :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived