Second Skin Audio

enclosure thickness

LsChevy

Just using resin does NOT add strength! If you use resin AND mat then yes...

Spend the extra money get 1" or 1.25"..... don't.go the cheap.route on ANYTHINGA.CAR AUDIO... my box used 2.5 FULL sheets of 2" MDF weights in around 350-400lbs but its so Damn solid you will NOT Get ANY flex... I should Have fiberglSsed the outside of it, but forgot and remembered after I got it bedlined... THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS OVERKILL IN THE CAR AUDIO SCENE... ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO BUILDING A STRONG BOX OR YOUR BATTERY BANK!

WWW.OSGINDUSTRIES.COM

I LOVE HATER'S

Spend the extra money get 1" or 1.25"..... don't.go the cheap.route on ANYTHINGA.CAR AUDIO... my box used 2.5 FULL sheets of 2" MDF weights in around 350-400lbs but its so Damn solid you will NOT Get ANY flex... I should Have fiberglSsed the outside of it, but forgot and remembered after I got it bedlined... THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS OVERKILL IN THE CAR AUDIO SCENE... ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO BUILDING A STRONG BOX OR YOUR BATTERY BANK!

Your equipment is a little more hefty than the average Joe on here though. :D

Mess with a pair of TSNS 18's and a ton of power and you're got to double up everywhere.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Depends on what you are doing... Small set up with not much power you will be fine with a single layer of 3/4th and maybe a few wooden dowel braces. If your going with multiple woofers with lots of power, Double 3/4th with 2x4 bracing...

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

elvis stop misinforming

to the op, 3/4" is good for most, add bracing if needed

Depends on what you are doing... Small set up with not much power you will be fine with a single layer of 3/4th and maybe a few wooden dowel braces. If your going with multiple woofers with lots of power, Double 3/4th with 2x4 bracing...

2x4's are a thing of the past. I've been using a new bracing technique. It is awesome and takes up 1/3 the volume of a 2x4 while giving 35% more surface area contact between the brace/wall. Not to mention they're much more streamline that a 2x4 as well.

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

Probably threaded rod...

Cheaper, and it won't leave a big honkin' nut hanging outside your box...it's actually pretty simple, but I'd never seen anyone use it in a build before.

Use 1.5" dowels cut 1.5" shorter than the span you're having to cover. Cut two 3" diameter circles(really easy with a hole saw) and put one at each end of the dowel, just use adhesive. Then glue to the walls you're bracing and screw all the way into the dowel so that you get a good 3/4-1" in there at the least(the 2.625" coarse thread drywall screw work great). This works really well from what I have seen, gives a large bracing point that won't flex, does not restrict air flow, and takes up very little volume...pretty cheap too compared to threaded rod+big washers+nuts. It takes a little longer to do but it's worth it IMO. And not having ugly rod+nuts on the outside of your box is a big plus.

i think there is overkill when adding money into your build will not increase its performance, there is a peak for everything and then tis downhill and not worth it, there is always an overkill point

Archived