How To Properly Fuse Amps and Rear Batteries

Did it Help  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Did this Guide Help You?

• Yes - Thanks :D
    • No - Still Confused :( (Post Why So I Can Help)
    • Didn't Need the Help (Already Know How)
    • I am stupid! Why am I here?

fuse by amp catches any big ass surge of current from frying wire on its way towards battery if amp would mess up?

:) That big ass surge isn't going to inch its way through the wire like a lite fuse on a stick of dynamite. If there was no fusing the surge would instantly light up the whole wire like a lightbulb. As long as there is one properly sized fuse in between the source of power (the battery) and the source of the short, the fuse will blow and protect the wire. No need to spend the extra money for two fuses on a single wire going from the battery to the amp.

fuse by amp catches any big ass surge of current from frying wire on its way towards battery if amp would mess up?

:) That big ass surge isn't going to inch its way through the wire like a lite fuse on a stick of dynamite. If there was no fusing the surge would instantly light up the whole wire like a lightbulb. As long as there is one properly sized fuse in between the source of power (the battery) and the source of the short, the fuse will blow and protect the wire. No need to spend the extra money for two fuses on a single wire going from the battery to the amp.

is that why most manufacture of amps put fuses in there amps, and if it is too large for internal fuse, they tell you to put an external fuse at the 12volt inlet of the amp? they must not know anything at all since they designed the amps and know how they work, huh

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

is that why most manufacture of amps put fuses in there amps, and if it is too large for internal fuse, they tell you to put an external fuse at the 12volt inlet of the amp? they must not know anything at all since they designed the amps and know how they work, huh

if its a single power cable, to a single amp, the fuse at the battery IS at the input of the amp! :werd_msword:

if its a single power cable, to a single amp, the fuse at the battery IS at the input of the amp! :werd_msword:

Except for the issue that alot of engineers feel that power runs from negative to positive.

With this said the reason you don't fuse the negative is because everything surrounding your wires are in a negative state and only need to fuse the positive wire is the dangerous intruder in the negative land.

So how is the fuse at the input of the amp again? you mean output.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Except for the issue that alot of engineers feel that power runs from negative to positive.

With this said the reason you don't fuse the negative is because everything surrounding your wires are in a negative state and only need to fuse the positive wire is the dangerous intruder in the negative land.

So how is the fuse at the input of the amp again? you mean output.

oh gawd.

are you just arguing for the sake of it now? it sure seems that way.

yes, the whole direction of electron travel you've stated is correct, but it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what we're discussing here!

if you have nothing intelligent to contribute, which you haven't so far, maybe just give up?

Until you have a few years under your belt and a good bit of real world experience (real trial and error) you just will not be able to comprehend why it should be explained this way on a public forum and practiced in the real world.

Yes I'm done.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

i never fuse my amps...just at the battery :peepwall:

if the amp comes with a fuse on it, cool. If not, it dont get one......i dont see the point.

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

No point of fusing the amp. If one thong I learned is if the amp wants to blow oh it's going to blow and there ain't a thing you can do to predict it or protect it from doing that!!!

Only fusing I would do is at the alt and before the battery bank

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

i never fuse my amps...just at the battery :peepwall:

if the amp comes with a fuse on it, cool. If not, it dont get one......i dont see the point.

well Mr Meade, you're clearly doing it wrong, ISO says so, with no intelligent argument to back it up, just because he says so. <_<

I've blown fuses in amps without actually damaging the amp, 1 ohm per channel on a 2x80watt amp burping two 8inch woofers, I replaced the 25amp fuse with a piece of wire.

problem solved!

Archived