Ridiculous speeding ticket..

Guess you just need to get another job or get some more hours or something. Don't know what kind of place you make 150 a week at but damn, the corner must not pay like they used too. And for future reference, i can understand not seeing the school zone, but that just comes with paying attention to your surroundings.

I don't know about you but it would pretty impossible to not know there is a school right at dismissal time

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Guess you just need to get another job or get some more hours or something. Don't know what kind of place you make 150 a week at but damn, the corner must not pay like they used too. And for future reference, i can understand not seeing the school zone, but that just comes with paying attention to your surroundings.

I don't know about you but it would pretty impossible to not know there is a school right at dismissal time

we have school zones here that are a few blocks from the schools, there are flashing lights for it of course.

@op if you try to fight it, try your hardest not to sound like a smart ass, no matter how frustrated you get. that's really the best thing you can do.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

COMMUNITY SERVICE. Shit.

I may be wrong about this, but in New Mexico i'm pretty sure any small violations don't put points on your license... So doesn't that mean it won't get reported to the insurance company? At least, My insurance didn't go up, and i did 65 in a 45...

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

COMMUNITY SERVICE. Shit.

I may be wrong about this, but in New Mexico i'm pretty sure any small violations don't put points on your license... So doesn't that mean it won't get reported to the insurance company? At least, My insurance didn't go up, and i did 65 in a 45...

in my state we get supervision for an exta 90 or so dollars, if you don't get anymore tickets in like 3 months they don't report it.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

So i was at a stop light, made a right onto a main road and switched lanes to the left lane. This was all immediately after getting onto the road and getting up to speed. as soon as a get up to speed a motorcycle cop pulls me over....i was in a school zone, which i didn't see the flashing light cuz i switched lanes and wasn't really thinking( i knew the speed limit was 40 on this road). I was going 37 in a 20 zone. $400 ticket. I make like 150 every 2 weeks and i'm only 17...mom is unemployed...what the fuck man? I had money saved up to buy my other dc lvl 4 18 and now thats all down the drain. This is my first ever ticket. Now I know why our justice system is so often criticized..

anyone got any ideas? my friend is gonna go with me to talk to a traffic judge to explain my situation and hopefully theyll let me do this in payments. otherwise i wont be going to school or work cuz i won't have gas money for a long time

''Now I know why our justice system is so often criticized..'' its your fault for speeding, you shouldnt rely on flashing lights to show that youre in a school zone. they have signs painted on the street and signs on the road...

I'm not trying to be a dick, but your story isn't making a lot of sense. It points to you were not paying attention and went too fast.

You're 17? I was in college then, but most people are still in high school at that age. Were you getting out of or going to school? You should have known it was a school zone- that's part of driving. So is responsibility, you made a mistake- it wasn't some cop being a dick.

You said you have money set aside for another sub- part of being an adult would be to use that money to pay your ticket if need be! That being said- DO NOT BRING A FRIEND, bring your mom to court with you. Have her talk to the judge- NOT YOU. Clean your ass up, get a hair cut, and dress nice. Have her explain to the judge how she is just getting a job after months out of work, how she's trying to raise you right and you have a job but the two of you can't afford to pay the ticket. Have her say she understands you made a mistake and you're paying the price at home by grounding, extra chores, whatever- and that she needs to be able to afford your insurance so you can do chores for her etc etc while she's at work.

I've had crap and cool judges, and my share of being pulled over. A nice judge will slap you on the wrist, or you could have to pay the fine. Either way, don't complain you can't go to school when you have the money set aside for another sub.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

yeah school zone ticket BLOW and now your insurance will be high as ()*& but the only thing you car really do is fight the ticket

insurance is getting canceled soon anyways...we can't really afford it considering my mom just got a new job and hasnt even got paid yet:/

you can make payments.

thats what i'm gonna try and do man...but 400 fucking dollars? my friend was doing 65 in a 35 and got a 291$ ticket. This is insane and i'm really freaking out right now. I dont even make that much in a month so I guess i'm selling shit.

In your first post u said, you was saving for a DC level 4, yet your mom can't pay your insurance, and its gettin canceled... Don't you think driving legally with insurance is more important than having a sub?

In SC, if you show up for court, they usually cut sum money/points off the ticket, and u got 30 days after court to pay it or you lose your license.

I'm not sure about any other states.

Be glad it wasnt a construction zone, since fines double in most states, and are pretty expensive to begin with.

shit i know onh that one got stuck with a 700 dollar ticket but wahts so weird is that construcion was already over like 2 weeks ago????

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

So i was at a stop light, made a right onto a main road and switched lanes to the left lane. This was all immediately after getting onto the road and getting up to speed. as soon as a get up to speed a motorcycle cop pulls me over....i was in a school zone, which i didn't see the flashing light cuz i switched lanes and wasn't really thinking( i knew the speed limit was 40 on this road). I was going 37 in a 20 zone. $400 ticket. I make like 150 every 2 weeks and i'm only 17...mom is unemployed...what the fuck man? I had money saved up to buy my other dc lvl 4 18 and now thats all down the drain. This is my first ever ticket. Now I know why our justice system is so often criticized..

anyone got any ideas? my friend is gonna go with me to talk to a traffic judge to explain my situation and hopefully theyll let me do this in payments. otherwise i wont be going to school or work cuz i won't have gas money for a long time

''Now I know why our justice system is so often criticized..'' its your fault for speeding, you shouldnt rely on flashing lights to show that youre in a school zone. they have signs painted on the street and signs on the road...

:werd_msword: the sign was flashing, what else can they do to get your attention? play it over a loud speaker? shit, we are audio guys, we wouldnt hear that either. lol

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but your story isn't making a lot of sense. It points to you were not paying attention and went too fast.

You're 17? I was in college then, but most people are still in high school at that age. Were you getting out of or going to school? You should have known it was a school zone- that's part of driving. So is responsibility, you made a mistake- it wasn't some cop being a dick.

You said you have money set aside for another sub- part of being an adult would be to use that money to pay your ticket if need be! That being said- DO NOT BRING A FRIEND, bring your mom to court with you. Have her talk to the judge- NOT YOU. Clean your ass up, get a hair cut, and dress nice. Have her explain to the judge how she is just getting a job after months out of work, how she's trying to raise you right and you have a job but the two of you can't afford to pay the ticket. Have her say she understands you made a mistake and you're paying the price at home by grounding, extra chores, whatever- and that she needs to be able to afford your insurance so you can do chores for her etc etc while she's at work.

I've had crap and cool judges, and my share of being pulled over. A nice judge will slap you on the wrist, or you could have to pay the fine. Either way, don't complain you can't go to school when you have the money set aside for another sub.

I quoted this so you can read it twice. This is definitely your best option here. Not a whole lot else to add.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Archived