Sundown Audio

Jl Audio 1000/1

nathan89

I see you work for Rockford, so your opinion on amps other than Rockford wouldn't be biased would it?

Of course I have an opinion, but that is irrelevant here. After all, Ohms Law and mathematics apply to all amplifiers. So . . . who's done the math?

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

• 7 years later...

snafu...... Suppose the JL 1000/1 puts out 1000 watts at 11.5 volts at 4 ohms, then scales back it's power output at higher voltages and lower impedances. I know the amp can't make the voltage higher, so the only logical explanation is that it scales back its power and that it makes its 1000 watts with 11.5 volts and a 4 ohm load, so when it gets 14.4 volts and 1.5 ohms it scales DOWN it's power output to continue to make its 1000 watts at any ohm load and any voltage between 11.5 and 14.4.

snafu...... Suppose the JL 1000/1 puts out 1000 watts at 11.5 volts at 4 ohms, then scales back it's power output at higher voltages and lower impedances. I know the amp can't make the voltage higher, so the only logical explanation is that it scales back its power and that it makes its 1000 watts with 11.5 volts and a 4 ohm load, so when it gets 14.4 volts and 1.5 ohms it scales DOWN it's power output to continue to make its 1000 watts at any ohm load and any voltage between 11.5 and 14.4.

Bro.. This post is over 7 years old.. Really?.. Really? I can't even..

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

edit.... Just saw the date bump from the dead lol

I've seen some clamp numbers on the JL 500/1 some where floating around the internet doing something like 700 watts at 2 ohm

I believe they do rated at lower voltage and put out more than rated at 14 volts just like any other underrated amp they just say the wattage is the same

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

I wanna say aesthetics were the difference. Between V2 and V3, difference is it's called a 1200/1 and it's black. But really, they haven't had to change anything. No need to.

Current setup in my 96 Hoe

Hu - Pioneer DEH-80prs.

Amps - (4) Crossfire C5 1700D's, MTX Thunder 5604(mids), PPI Art 300.2 (tweets)

Batts - 4 91ah rear batts, 50ah batt up front.

Subs - 2 Crossfire XSv2 18's

Alt - Singer 330A

Front stage - Random JL & Eclipse mids, Eclipse tweets

Archived