Jump to content

Why is it that those who work hard, get treated like crap?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Yesterday I was checkin the schedule and noticed something that I may need to talk to my boss about. I'm scheduled for 6 days this week at 31 hours, yet I see a few other people who are only working 4-5 days and getting more hours. What doesn't make since is that I live the farthest away from there than anyone one else. I know cause I've asked alot of people there. So that means I use the most gas and stuff out of anyone and yet they got me coming for 3-5 hours each shift. To make it worse, just last week we had a pretty good snow fall. I came into work, bout 45 minutes later my boss said that anyone who not closing was going home. Funny, it takes me 45 minutes to get there. So I lost money that day instead of making any.

Posted

One thing is for certain,young Jedi.........You will never get what you don't ask for.

Not throwing stones so dont take it that way, BUT

Too often people think they are being held back, but the reality is you need to push yourself forward.

Be a man and go to the highest level you can and ask for 15 minutes of his time. Do not go to your manager, go as high as you can. Your manager wants a good worked right where he is, making the manager look good. Go to the top if you can and tell him what else you could bring to his company. Sell yourself Bro. Be professional, and tell him how your skills can be better utilized at a different position and if there is an opening at position X you would like to move up. The head cheese is just a man, puts his pants on the same as you. Go to him and ask. The absolute worst you can do is earn his respect and there is nothing wrong with that!

Good Luck!

2001 Yukon XL

Sitting on 35 x 12.50 x 20, XD Monsters

Headunit: Clarion DXZ785USB

Front: B&C 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Rear: B&C 8NDL51 8" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Mids & Highs Amps: MB Quart DSC 4125, MB Quart DSC 480

Subs: 4 18" SSA ZCONS

Sub Amps: 4 GP3K Pro

Electrical: Iraggi 260a, 3 tejcurrent 240a, tejcurrent quad bracket

Kinetik - 6 HC2400

ssa_team.png

My Build Log

Posted

I get what ya sayin and I usually go to the General Manager bout hours and shit like that. I always get the same response, its always a yes. But when I look at the next schedule most often I get less hours. Kinda sad if you ask me, I can go one step higher and talk to our district manager. Not sure if I want to go that high tho, I know I've impressed her a few times when she came in the store. If the G.M is there tomorrow when I'm there I'm going to talk to him and see what can be done bout a better schedule. Far as I've figured its actually worse for me to work 3-5 hours 6 days a week than it would be to work 7-8 hours 5 days. I know it doesn't seem like much, but I belive it does.

Posted

I'm looking at apartments closer to my job, but what I'm finding I doubt I can afford. Found out today that one of my co-workers has a 2 bed room that shes living in alone, we get along pretty well at work. I don't think I'm really going to say anything to her bout being roomies, I dunno. I know she could use the help in payin rent and shit, but I think she'd prefer someone she knows better. At least I would. I've had a few roommates in the past and always seemed to have a problem. Except for female roomies, those went pretty smoothly for some reason. Ok I know I just went off topic a little, but still relivent

Posted

Join the military lol

They appreciate you a hell of a lot more than corporate America- The harder you work the faster you rank the more you make.

win.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew
Posted

its hard to make in the world today, unless your a leech. the government blows so much smoke our ass about money........

he works at Panera. It's not really a place you can "make it in the world" at. I work at Pizza Hut. The reason I personally don't have a lot of money isn't because of the government blowing smoke, it's because I work for a pizza place.

Posted

same here but then my boss turns around and bitches at me because instead of 7:45 I get to work at like 7:49, because something always happens in the morning to where I am a few minutes late. I would just get up earlier but then I would hit the 7:30 train that comes through and still get there about the same time, if not later.

2003 Mitsubishi Lancer

Pioneer DEH5100-UB

2 - P1S412

4 - Alpine SRS-600

Alpine MRP-M500

Monster 8g power/ground-1/0 Big 3

Soon to come:

2 - T1D212

RF T1500.1bdCP

RF T500.4bd

Mechman 220 amp alt

Kinetik KHC1800

Hit me up if you need help with anything in the Tulsa Area.

Posted

Join the military lol

They appreciate you a hell of a lot more than corporate America- The harder you work the faster you rank the more you make.

win.

-Drew

someone had suggested that to me before, not on here. And your right, the harder you work in the military the fast you rank. I just have one small problem, I've got a bad heart. I've got a heart defect that if I joined the military could kill me very easy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 355 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...