Jump to content

Why is it that those who work hard, get treated like crap?


Recommended Posts

Posted

All my life I was told that if you work hard good things will happen. Well here it is 30 years later and I've got nothing to show for all the hard work I've done. Yet I see slackers with brand new cars, clothes, and other shit. When I get to work, I clock in and get right to whatever it is I need to do that day. Don't need my boss tellin me what to do,I already know. Yet I see others being told what they need to do and yet they seem to be movin up faster. Happens everywhere I go. It's sad really. When I was first hired and was talking with the boss about hours and pay, he told me that I had a good head for business. Really hard to keep proving that with out a chance, took me a long time to get to where I'm at today. It's not where I want to be, but I'm one step closer. Now others who are above me, some of them are comlete slackers. I know that in todays economey that you can't be picky bout ya job, take what you can get. I how ever think that if you work hard and prove yourself, you should at least get some appreciation. I know my co-workers appreciate me, hell one co-worker told me the other night that they all love me. Yeah, that made my night for sure. I don't get that feeling from the managers tho, always tryin to push me a bit harder. I do it, no reason to tell them to piss off. Been there almost 5-6 months and just now able to find my own place. I currently live with my grandparents, its rent free and all but way to far from work. I do help them out, mechanic, and tech support as well as landscaping lol. But it's time to get back out on my own. Speaking of bosses, our district manager who is my bosses boss seems to be impressed with the things I do. She wants me to smile more, but wit the stresses in my life I have not much to smile about. When a customer sees me they see me hard at work,if they have a question or whatever I always greet them with a smile. Even on those days I just wanna rip someones head off, I don't let them know it. Ok so thats enough out of me. Anyone else feel like they work their butts off only to have a slacker get what you earned?

Posted

Amen... People dont get noticed for good only for bad

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Posted

In the same boat man! Don't let if phase ya though because the first time you try to slack like the rest you will get caught and fucked over :good: Just keep doin your thing and it will come eventually. nobody ever said if you work hard life won't shit on you because it will :lol:

Posted

what kinda work do you do?

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

Posted

Long rant was long.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Posted

What you have to understand is that society has changed, but sometimes the logic hasn't changed to compliment the changes.

It's not enough to work hard anymore. You have to work smart and hard in order to get anywhere. You can work your ass off 80 hours a week as a shit herder, but you can't expect that to pay off anytime soon in the long run. My $0.02

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Posted

what kinda work do you do?

I work for Panera Bread Company. There I do various things, a few of which I had no training in but I know the important parts so I get by. Not making great pay, hours suck but are slowly getting better. Been with this company on and off since 99. Funny, back in 99 and again in 06 I could fill every position, now I feel lucky if I can get one. Oh well, just gotta keep up what I'm doin and something good is bound to happen.

Posted

I get what ya sayin, thats why when I'm at work I don't just concentrate on my job but I check out what is going on around me and try to pick up little things here and there. I've been in restaraunts all my life (and still can never spell it right lol) There is a lot that I know and a lot that I don't. I am how ever always willing to learn something new. I've expressed that many times to bosses. Current and past a like.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 587 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...