i always add on, except for the batt ground to chassis

wait so you just have 1 0ga to the alt and the original battery ground?

what made u think that? u know what the big 3 is, right? out of the 3 wires that get added/upgraded, the battery ground is the only one i replace, the others i leave in place and simply add the upgraded wires to the mix. make sense?

yes i know what it is i just thought the only way to do the big 3 was to completely replace all the wires...i didn't know some people just added wires...but isn't it better just to add wires on top of the original terminal connection so that there is less resistance?

In most cases (like mine personally) you are REPLACING the original 3. But in some cases (like the ford focus) If you do not still have the stock terminals and wire the car wont start, so you must ADD onto, not replace.

:orly3:

i did not know this! i was actually working on my sisters ford focus today. what years does it affect? cuz i put in a new batt, grounds but nothing with positive wires yet

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

does anyone ofer kits or build cables on here to do this ..i have never soider ends on 1/0 or any wire for that matter

no not really, but if you look around on other sites alot of people have big 3 kits for sale... pm me if your serious and i can sell you some extra terminated 1/0 wire perfect for big 3

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

I just started my big 3 today, I'm leaving the stock power runs and just adding onto them. I replaced the battery ground to chassis completely and going to replace the battery ground to motor block completely.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

I had the the same thoughts too but this video show step by step and just quashed all my questions. and as to what EclipseChris was saying the guy in the video did exactly what you did on your focus. He added the new Positive terminal to the factory terminal on the scion xb (he shows it at the end)

34343.png

"Gettin dirty looks from those other Ricey crews"

I always just add on to it. Don't feel like putting the originals back on later when i sell the car. Less resistance technically if you just leave them on, but it will be a mute difference.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

do you always have to put a fuse inline to the alternator? does factory wiring have one? also how do you know what size fuse to use for 0 gauge wire?

the fuse you use is based on your alternator, not your wire. 120 amp alternator = 120 amp fuse i suppose.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!