Sonic Electronix

In reference to my thread here:

http://down4sound.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19962#post19962

I still have this unsolved issue.

I have some problems with my system that seem to be sporadic..

I have not had this issue ever....since i installed my system months and months ago....no ground changes. etc.

every now and then.. my system will pop...and the bass will shutoff..... then down the road it will pop and kick back in.....i can even have the volume low and it will be a decently loud pop or two....maybe 3 or 4...other days it works perfectly fine. sometimes its when i start the car, but that is RARE. otherwise its when im driving. or just sitting. it has a mind of its own.

my mids/highs work fine. not even affected. only subs.

what could the possibility be?

could it be the headunit? i have a pioneer 510ub. i know there is a possibility of a fuse being blown..but how would i know if that is the case? could it be amp failure? doesnt cut out though. stays on. bad rcas?

I checked rca voltages (then again im not 100% sure if i did the right/effective way of doing it), power wires, ground wires, everything.unless the ground wire is loose. didnt check to tighten it. power/ground at amp is receiving adequate voltage.

Even checked the headunit connections, etc. I sat there with a dmm and checked all sorts of voltages/resistances, etc.

Im lost at what to do next?

maybe its a remote wire short? it really sounds like the headunit partially too though. like i literally sometimes have to turn the headunit all the way up then back down to get the bass to kick in like it should. maybe it is really a fault headunit?

thanks

Edited by VIP3R

2 Sundown Audio SA-10s

Box built by Speed of Sound

Kicker 1500.1

Infinity Ref 475a

Rockford Fosgate T1682c 6x8s

Pioneer Premier DEH-510UB

XS Power D6500

Stock 130amp Alt

Big 3

Build Log

i had one amp that would do that to me in the past . It would work just great for days then pop but then it would just come right back and be fine for a while. mabye try to run a diff amp and see if it works

Banner_468x60.jpg

REP

pioneer units are a known to blow there earth track/ earth fuse.. you can test this by grounding/earthing the RCA leads..(the outer part of the plug) if this fixes the problem then you have a issue with your headunit.

Kit List:

Car: 1990 VW Golf MK2

Engine: 2.8 Vr6 200bhp

Headunit: Alpine CDE-9880R

Speakers: 4x 6.5" Vibe Black Air Comps

Subs: 2x 15" Fi Bl's D2

Amps: Orion D5000 (2.5kw) & Alpine MRV-T502 (300wrms)

Processors: Rockford Fostgate EPX 2 , AudioControl Epicenter

Power Supply: 250amp alt , 0awg wireing , Yuasa SWL 2500FR Batterys

That really sounds like an RCA problem somewhere.

ill try another pair of rcas.

pioneer units are a known to blow there earth track/ earth fuse.. you can test this by grounding/earthing the RCA leads..(the outer part of the plug) if this fixes the problem then you have a issue with your headunit.

ill attempt that.

2 Sundown Audio SA-10s

Kicker 1500.1

Infinity Ref 475a

XS Power D6500

Stock 130amp Alt

Big 3

Build Log

Im wondering if you've checked the leads on your woofers. do you know what their impedence is? you might have a loose speaker wire that is grounding out on your woofer basket. eventually it vibrates off the basket and allows it to start playing. It happened to me once. Missed a show and everything to find it out later. :angry:

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Im wondering if you've checked the leads on your woofers. do you know what their impedence is? you might have a loose speaker wire that is grounding out on your woofer basket. eventually it vibrates off the basket and allows it to start playing. It happened to me once. Missed a show and everything to find it out later. :angry:

quite a real possibility...

ill be changing subs here soon anyway as well. (an upgrade)

Edited by VIP3R

2 Sundown Audio SA-10s

Kicker 1500.1

Infinity Ref 475a

XS Power D6500

Stock 130amp Alt

Big 3

Build Log