Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Ups and downs


eric78702

Recommended Posts

Posted

Okay so I have 2 15's right now but I'm thinking of switching to 4 12's or 1 18 and I was wondering by swithching from 2 15's to 4 12's or 1 18 what would be the ups and downs if I swiched from the 2 15's to the 4 12's and what would be the ups and down if I swiched from the 2 15's to the 1 18?

Posted

Mainly cone area. Generally 12s can play as low as 18s. 18s aren't slow either. Will this be daily? What amps/ subs do you have, and what are you considering?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

Yeah it will be daily and right now I have and entry level setup and the subs listed are the one I can fit so I was just looking so see which option to go with what's the difference in the sound and the way you feel it?

Posted

i got 1 18, and with my experience with it, i love it, but i want MOAR POWA. so im adding a second 18. but if you want an 18 (i got 2 built, and 2 more waiting to be built) send me a pm and ill give you a reasonable price.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

Posted

i got 1 18, and with my experience with it, i love it, but i want MOAR POWA. so im adding a second 18. but if you want an 18 (i got 2 built, and 2 more waiting to be built) send me a pm and ill give you a reasonable price.

That's just the thing I don't have enough room for 2 18's I can only fit one.

Posted

Cone area= 4 12's> 2 15's> 1 18

Power handling= 4 12's> 2 15's> 1 18

easiest to mess up= 4 12's> 2 15's> 1 18

for the 4 12's do you have 10+ cubes before displacement to play with?

for the 2 15's do you have 9cubes to play with before displacement?

and for an 18 i would suggest 7.5+ before displacement.

the subs will only play as good as the box they're in.

What vehicle is this going in?

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 605 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...