Pro Audio VS Car Audio Mids

OBI

i can also vouch that an properly tuned PA system could sound good, i've seen quite a few around town that are clear as day and loud as fuck. alot of the "street ninjas" round here run em only though cause they think Eminence's are the loudest 6 1/2 in the world haha. but besides that, i saw a caddy with a 10 inch eminence mid range drivers in the doors along with an 8 inch i believe, and not to mention the 6 1/2's he had in other parts of the car. Shit was super loud and was extremely clearer than i thought it was going to be..

What major differences would I see going from my Rockford Power 6.5's to say some Seleniums or Beymas? Looking for crazy loud on the mids and highs, and noticed the big guys going the PA route. I already have 4 6.5's per door, and 4 tweeters per A pillar just looking for alittle bit more.

car audio speakers are 4ohms,home audio is 8ohms

He said Pro Audio, not home audio. There's a differences.

im not a fan of how pa's sound unless your just trying to overpower bass, as far as Fantastic SQ speakers go id have to go with he Hybrid Audio Legatia speakers. Sounded Much better than the Focal, and CDT setups i had heard before

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

I can't help but laugh at the ignorance when people say a pro audio driver will automatically sound like crap. it's posts in threads like this that breed ignorance in don't knows.

Now, granted that 90% of the people using these drivers do so incorrectly and yes they can sound like shit. However this is the install and not the driver. I would think that people on forums like this would know that already. Using a very sensitive driver requires a good amount of tuning. Of course a good high end car audio driver will as well. It's not like you are going to drop in a very expensive driver and it will automatically sound great. Anyone who has a real good sounding SQ car has to tweak the hell out of even the most expensive drivers to get them to sound good. Another thing to consider is, a good amount of these "SQ" guys are pushing a large amount to their high quality drivers to get the sound they are looking for. Me, I push less then 25w per driver with enough headroom to satisfy even the most hard core "i want it louder" guys out there.

Like with any driver, you need to take out the sounds you have too much of not boost the ones that are lacking.

btw, Seleniums have plenty of midbass, you just can't drop them into a door cavity and expect them ( or any other pro driver) to perform

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I can't help but laugh at the ignorance when people say a pro audio driver will automatically sound like crap. it's posts in threads like this that breed ignorance in don't knows.

Now, granted that 90% of the people using these drivers do so incorrectly and yes they can sound like shit. However this is the install and not the driver. I would think that people on forums like this would know that already. Using a very sensitive driver requires a good amount of tuning. Of course a good high end car audio driver will as well. It's not like you are going to drop in a very expensive driver and it will automatically sound great. Anyone who has a real good sounding SQ car has to tweak the hell out of even the most expensive drivers to get them to sound good. Another thing to consider is, a good amount of these "SQ" guys are pushing a large amount to their high quality drivers to get the sound they are looking for. Me, I push less then 25w per driver with enough headroom to satisfy even the most hard core "i want it louder" guys out there.

Like with any driver, you need to take out the sounds you have too much of not boost the ones that are lacking.

btw, Seleniums have plenty of midbass, you just can't drop them into a door cavity and expect them ( or any other pro driver) to perform

I can definitely see this as an issue but, because of the fact that 90% of the people that are using Pro Audio drivers do so incorrectly. Most everyone will hear "shitty" sounding PA setups causing everyone to assume they all sound like shit.

What are your opinions on Hybrid Speakers, Im not a SQ guy but i enjoy it from time to time.I may work on a Sq build sometime.

2005 Ford Ranger Reg cab

Build in Progress

T3 Audio T2000 12

ARC SE4000

Stinger HPM 1/0 Wire

DC power 270xp

Batts: 1 Redtop up front and a Stinger SPP2250 in the back

Hopes to be in and around a 150....weel see

my youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/user/steph3n1

imgsize.jpg

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

I think the Hybrid's are very nice drivers. Of course the cars I have heard them in have been very nice setups too.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

pa's get louder but sound like crap up close, I don't care what anybody says they sound like crap. they are made to sound good much further than you can get inside a car. up close you can hear the distortion

ok.. for this one... simple

they are louder (generally) as you say... it's not that they are distorting... its that your ears just cannot take it and that is why they sound distorted. If you walk 20ft away and they are clear, or they are setup properly there is no distortion.

keep the volume down a bit when you are in there if you cannot handle it. that simple. :)

From my experience both setups can sound nice if tuned right...it's just that pro audio speakers wil be wayyyyy louder. And i guess it depends what ur looking for..if u want it very loud and clear pro audio is the way to go. Beyma, RCF, 18 sound, EV..all good choices. Good luck

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

tripp_zps449c2d3a.jpg

~~~~CHODE FTW~~~~

DC4LYFE

Archived