VHT Nite Shades (Spray Tint Your Lights\HeadLights)

I think its great stuff, i mean i got a "fixit" here in michigan for putting it on too thick on my tailights. the reason i bought that stuff was because i couldnt find plastic covers made for my 94 taurus. Just make sure when you apply it, you wet sand it really good and use some kind of clear coat after. Use multiple thin layers or else it tends to fade and look sort of "dull". but if you apply it correctly it looks great. I have it on my headlights too right now, and it took down the intensity of my headlights tremendously. so watch how thick you put it on your headlights or it really drounds them out alot.

2006 Malibu Maxx SS

4 sa 12's D2

2 audiopipe 3k's

4 UPS batteries

2 runs of 0awg

Walled at 34hz

How does a sport like this do in tough economic times? Just fine. There are 465 events listed in the current season. "Our competitors can't even spell recession," says dB drag racing impresario Wayne Harris. "They're young, and some of them still live at home. They put all their energy and money into their cars. They're competitive. They're at that age."

If you haven't used that garbage yet, don't.

Use the Rustoleum stuff. It doesn't have red in it like Nite Shades does, but neither does professional tinting. I've used both: Nightshades took a day and a half of wetsanding and buffing and never shined up. After less than a year my lights have faded to dark, dull red. The Rusto stuff was decently glossy even before buffing, and I had no issues with fading (and some serious issues removing it; the Nite Shades came off with one pass of rubbing compound).

Also if you do your headlights do ONE VERY LIGHT COAT! I have 55w HID's in mine and when I had a light tint on them they were about as bright as stock lights.

Too many projects, too little time...

Good stuff for DIY type of project as long as you prep your lights they turn out pretty good at the end. Check out some youtube videos for some tips for the best results

ive used that vht stuff and the rustolum and they both worked fine. i have the rustolium on my truck and have had no problems. i would highly suggest NOT TINTING YOUR HEADLIGHTS!! please trust me when i say you say you will only do a little, and when your into it you want just a little darker. and with only 1 and a half coats, it is WAY to dark. your lights wont do shit at night for you. i did not do this on my truck my my friend did on his dakota and had to use nail polish remover to get it all off and then it looked like shit. i would suggest buying aftermarket lights that are tinted on the inside..

FWIW I had my heads tinted with a super-light coat before:

Picture001.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Output was not up to my standards so I buffed it all off (you can see one is still tinted here:)

IMG_0083.jpg

I am thinking about getting some lamin-x or vinyl tint and trying that. I figure if it sucks I can just peel it off without much drama unlike the spray tints.

Too many projects, too little time...

Archived