Jump to content

Driving stick shift


Recommended Posts

Posted

you cant do that with my car :-( my car has an ACT 6-puck drag racing clutch ..... bad daily driver clutch, does not ease into gear, its on or off, but that bitch holds when im pushing 18 LBS of boost :-)

what car?

and the pressure plate is a bit more important than the friction disk..

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

Posted

you cant do that with my car :-( my car has an ACT 6-puck drag racing clutch ..... bad daily driver clutch, does not ease into gear, its on or off, but that bitch holds when im pushing 18 LBS of boost :-)

what car?

and the pressure plate is a bit more important than the friction disk..

the pressure plate is upgraded as well , i have a lightweight aluminum flywheel and i tried other clutches and it ended with slipping which caused flywheel to heat and warp >.<

1992 mercury capri XR2

this is the car

DSC02524.jpg

thats a picture when i FIRST got her, bone stock

Posted

ah ok.. im a dsm whore.. so when you said act six puck i was like hmm potential dsm owner..

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

Posted

I was never really big into Manual's.

I still prefer an Auto for a Daily Driver.

You are going to HATE life learning how to drive a manual. But when you get it all figured out, its like riding a bike.

Started on a Geo Metro, went to an EVO 9 MR and then a 400whp Eclipse.

Evo was insanely easy to drive.

Geo was a bitch because it had no torque.

The Eclipse is what I really learned on.

ACT2600 with a Lightweight Flywheel and a really big Snail under the hood.

Like Michigancapri said, the thing is like an on/off switch.

Take your time and get used to it!

E38 7-Series

Project: The VIP Room

Posted

Practice makes perfect.

I've been driving manuals for over 10 years. I'm only 22, but growing up on tractors, and 4 wheelers.

Your username fits you LOL

Why wouldn't it?

I'm not false claiming. Just how I was raised. Doesn't mean I'm stupid cause I'm country.

Posted

Practice makes perfect.

I've been driving manuals for over 10 years. I'm only 22, but growing up on tractors, and 4 wheelers.

Your username fits you LOL

Why wouldn't it?

I'm not false claiming. Just how I was raised. Doesn't mean I'm stupid cause I'm country.

your not stupid because your country just everyone else is smarter because there city :-) JKJK lol im from mississippi and moving back to mississippi so im as country as it gets lol

Posted

Lucky you have a light weight clutch.

My Mustang's clutch use to be hell. Pressure plate springs locked up or something. I HATED driving it, only one I had at the time.

It was/is the hardest clutch I've ever came across. Even had plenty of people agree.

I drove it that way for almost 6 months. I hated stoplights,stop signs, anything I had to stop for.

But actually manual cars are safer to drive than autos. Its way harder to text and driver with no hands. Lol.

Posted

^^^^^^^ :werd_msword:

only problem with lightweight is if it gets hot it warps, i burned up 3 clutches because i kept getting the next step stronger and finally just got the drag racing clutch good for 600HP/tourque when they would slip like a bitch they would overheat the alluminum and warp it but it is nice, stock flywheel is 36LBS lightweight one is about 6 lol

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2537 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...