Sonic Electronix

I recently started running the big 3, but I didn't have enough terminals so I only ran the positive to the alternator. My question is, why are the 2 grounds necessary to upgrade? It just doesn't really make sense to me. Also, will I notice a change when I upgrade the two grounds? I noticed quite a big difference when I upgraded the positive to 1/0, but voltage still drops quite bad at idle. Will the grounds help this? Thanks for any info.

Team Flex Issues

'96 Mazda B4000

HeadUnit:Pioneer DEH-4200UB

Mids:4 Pioneer 6x8s

Tweets:4 Pioneer Tweeters, 2 Polk Audio Tweeters

Subs:3 15" American Bass HD 15s; Wall in progress.

Amplifier:Hifonics BXi 1608(temporary)

Stock Alt

Stock Battery

1/0 Power, Ground, Big 3.

I recently started running the big 3, but I didn't have enough terminals so I only ran the positive to the alternator. My question is, why are the 2 grounds necessary to upgrade? It just doesn't really make sense to me. Also, will I notice a change when I upgrade the two grounds? I noticed quite a big difference when I upgraded the positive to 1/0, but voltage still drops quite bad at idle. Will the grounds help this? Thanks for any info.

ALL THREEE must be done. If it didn't make a difference why would EVERYONE do it? We're not all stupid :P

But think of it like this, if you have 3 hoses, all connected, the first one is a FIRE HOSE, and the other two are tiny garden hoses....Will water flow well?

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

YES U NEED TO DO IT

xspower.jpg

ShowImage-1.jpg

Had an estimate of 6400 for an alpine/clarion setup dealer said it "should" hit around 160db with the custom boxes he was going to make for me..doubtful with so much area to move but, budget is way below that :( any ideas on cheaper brands for that kind of Spl setup? really didnt want to try any Boss or soundstorm, thinking Quantum figure around $150 per speaker "$1800 total" and $1700 to power it, first actual big setup for the van.

New MEMPHIS CAR AUDIO build

4 15s Memphis C3

2 xs power D3100

1 xs power d3400

custom fiberglass door pannel

and lots more

My Build

as far as u gitting voltage drop at idle that will happen usually cus alternators have a certain turn on rpm where they start putting out more amps and volts. and that rpm is almost always higher than idle speed in a stock alt. but yeah the big3 will help out definately

forum2_zpsxe3pvakm.jpg

you need to to the grounds because the grounds are just as if not MORE important than the power, the electronics in your car is one big circuit, the power you put out has to be brought back, if you are pushing out so much power and you cant return it to send it out again you have voltage drop

Archived