Could these wheels be fixed?

So I was planning on plastidipping my rims but I was worried about the damage on them,

Screenshot_2014-08-04-19-24-41_zps51fd88

I feel like this could be sanded down but not sure exactly how to go about that

Screenshot_2014-08-04-19-23-33_zpse15ea6

Now this is the wheel one I'm more concerned about the curb rash is pretty uneven and and its pretty corroded, so is this one salvagable or should I just try to replace that wheel?

!999.5 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Planet Audio BIg Bang 15

Powerbass 1500,1

it would be easier to sand down with out the tire, but all that can be sanded down to take off the surface corrosion....i used a small round sander tool, at work he have the small drills that run off air and have a spinning disk those are even easier to use.

once u get the surface smooth and knock the loose stuff off the plasti dip should go on good

i wouldnt worry about damaging the wheels, cant get worse than what they already are

If it has bad surface corrosion on the outside. I'd hate to see it on the bead of the rim.. Like Beatbox said, I'd dismount all tires, and clean them all up nicely, Then plastidip them when you get the tires back on. I have a feeling once you plastidip them, the corrosion on the beads gonna get bad and leak, You're gonna have to dismount tires to fix and screw up plastidip on them..

*06 330i - Sundern x12 - saz-3500*

*91 Foxbody V1 S-Trim Notch*

it would be easier to sand down with out the tire, but all that can be sanded down to take off the surface corrosion....i used a small round sander tool, at work he have the small drills that run off air and have a spinning disk those are even easier to use.

once u get the surface smooth and knock the loose stuff off the plasti dip should go on good

i wouldnt worry about damaging the wheels, cant get worse than what they already are

If it has bad surface corrosion on the outside. I'd hate to see it on the bead of the rim.. Like Beatbox said, I'd dismount all tires, and clean them all up nicely, Then plastidip them when you get the tires back on. I have a feeling once you plastidip them, the corrosion on the beads gonna get bad and leak, You're gonna have to dismount tires to fix and screw up plastidip on them..

So would a dremel with a sanding disk on it work do you think because i don't have an air sander, and also i think whats on the outside edge is just bad curb rash because it feels more jagged then the inner part which i believe is corrosion, i'm heading up to a junk yard this weekend and they have a few jettas like mine so maybe i'll see if i can't just find another rim exactly like it and just replace that rims all the other spots corrosion spots are pretty far in the face so i don't think it would hurt the tire trying to sand those down but maybe i'm wrong because like i said i have never done anything like this before

!999.5 Volkswagen Jetta

1 Planet Audio BIg Bang 15

Powerbass 1500,1

• 1 month later...

Use spot putty on the corrosive part after you remove build-up. Then sand smooth to 320 grit then prime the bad areas the dip.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

that's alot of work for a cheap wheel

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

It's hard to see how deep the damage is, but I dipped a set of wheels that has some nasty stuff like that, I just put the dip on thick and it didn't look too bad.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

I would sand it down, and if your planing to plasti dip it, I would use some body filler and attempt to get it back to the normal shape, but its going to take some work. If your up to do the work go for it, otherwise its really not worth it.

2000 Ford Focus ZX3

Mods:

Raceland Coilovers

Borla Exhaust

Aftermarket Header

System:

Sony CDX-GT66UPW

Pioneer 6x8's

System Upgrades :

Pioneer MVH-X560BT

2 sets of Rockford Fosgate P1683's

Fi Audio Q 18" D2 ( Currently Own)

DD M1C ( Currently Own)

All SHCA Wires and stuff...

XS Power 4800 ( Stock Replacement)

High Ouput alternator (undecided which company or Amperage.)

Archived