How to people mount door pods?

I don't know how these people mount their door pods like they do below. If looks like they build the pod separately/not connected to the panel. Then they wrap it. Then they magically mount it somehow! Please explain to me how this is done! Thanks!

mqdefault.jpg

fiberglass-door-panels-speakers-orlando-

2e5nk34.jpg

When building the panel, have areas you can screw/bolt,nut/ fasten the panel to the door metal.

6 - 1/4-20 fasteners on each of mine........ With large washers....

Do you have a picture of what you did by any chance? I think I get what you are saying but wouldn't you need a t-nut kinda thing on the back side of the metal? Otherwise the nuts would not tighten very well...

When building the panel, have areas you can screw/bolt,nut/ fasten the panel to the door metal.

Do you have a picture of what you did by any chance? I think I get what you are saying but wouldn't you need a t-nut kinda thing on the back side of the metal? Otherwise the nuts would not tighten very well...

Why wouldn't they tighten very well? Everything on your car uses nuts and bolts and they tighten just fine. Lol Basically on the back side of the pod you leave a lip where you can drill a hole where you can put a bolt with a washer and then you reach inside from the speaker cutout and and use the factory holes in the door skin to access the backside. Just throw on some lock nuts or some loctite and presto your pods are mounted.

Why wouldn't they tighten very well? Everything on your car uses nuts and bolts and they tighten just fine. Lol Basically on the back side of the pod you leave a lip where you can drill a hole where you can put a bolt with a washer and then you reach inside from the speaker cutout and and use the factory holes in the door skin to access the backside. Just throw on some lock nuts or some loctite and presto your pods are mounted.

I see what you are saying, I would just be worried that if you need to take the panels off enough that the hole in the metal would become stripped. But it makes sense! Thanks for the help guys!!

Buy some rivet nuts, drill some holes in the door skin where you need them, install the rivet nuts, then bolt the panels on.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Buy some rivet nuts, drill some holes in the door skin where you need them, install the rivet nuts, then bolt the panels on.

This is what I was looking for!! Thanks!

Archived