Sundown Audio

Sundown 1200d quit suddenly, I'm stumped. (w/ pics)

the mange

Also A.R.C. is in ohio (amp repair center).

Ive used them before, so have many others and the place is shady as hell, but they fix amps...

Same can be said about CIA Engineering but they are located in PA, but another shady place...

Googling either companies will show you that about people never getting their gear back.

I hear mixed reviews about Amp Medics in FL.

of coarse there is DB-r in TX as well that does great work but is pricy, and slow, well backed up I guess is the better word, which is Sundowns repair facility, but Im sure your amp is out of warranty.

I have a guy that fixes amps locally to me, only a few hours away, and that is where I send things to for my buddies all the time, and a couple older blown amps I found at a junk yard.

His name is Cory and does it on the side. http://brandesamps.weebly.com/

Cory is priced very fair and just did a rebuild on an atomic 7000.1d for $155 which is a steal!

But it comes down to if the amp is worth having fixed or hanging it up on your garage wall/ceiling and call it art. I have a big ceiling of shame in my garage :D

Bookmarked Corey page.few amps I could use fixing.thanks!

But I don't see contact info

Also A.R.C. is in ohio (amp repair center).

Ive used them before, so have many others and the place is shady as hell, but they fix amps...

Same can be said about CIA Engineering but they are located in PA, but another shady place...

Googling either companies will show you that about people never getting their gear back.

I hear mixed reviews about Amp Medics in FL.

of coarse there is DB-r in TX as well that does great work but is pricy, and slow, well backed up I guess is the better word, which is Sundowns repair facility, but Im sure your amp is out of warranty.

I have a guy that fixes amps locally to me, only a few hours away, and that is where I send things to for my buddies all the time, and a couple older blown amps I found at a junk yard.

His name is Cory and does it on the side. http://brandesamps.weebly.com/

Cory is priced very fair and just did a rebuild on an atomic 7000.1d for $155 which is a steal!

But it comes down to if the amp is worth having fixed or hanging it up on your garage wall/ceiling and call it art. I have a big ceiling of shame in my garage :D

Bookmarked Corey page.few amps I could use fixing.thanks!

But I don't see contact info

same, thanks audiofanaticzs

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Thanks. I'll message him. Talked to Sundown today. Sounds like these boards were made in Korea and their specs are known only by the manufacturer, and I don't speak Korean lol. Will update if I fix it myself.

If anyone has a pic of a SAE-1200d v2's board I would greatly appreciate it.

Tony D also repairs amps. Here is the link http://www.audiorepairdepot.com/home.html

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Archived