Build Log: Blk Sin Completed! (new Pics 10-6-07)

regardless of the minor stuff you might have missed bro it looks great.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

damn man nice install. very clean and i bet it sounds killer.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

damn man nice install. very clean and i bet it sounds killer.

I will meter it today, still getting the subs broken in and getting used to them. Trying to find their limits carefully. This T3000 can rip them to shreds if I am not careful, AMP is a beast!!!! Sounds pretty good, I may try and seal it off a little more today, I hear it makes ALOT of difference. SX's sound great and don't need alot of power to get going, they definately do not handle power like my MT's, totally different woofers.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

As far as the unpainted inside lip behind the plexi-I know it's not major but if it's buggin you (& we all try to be perfectionsists) I have a suggestion:

If you pull one of the subs, and can get your arm in there all the way to the back of the box where that unpainted section is, I would say try to seal off or just mask/tape the plexi, and hand paint/brush paint that section with some black or white paint. You can use a songe brush to minimize the look of brush strokes in the paint too. That way you can peel off the tape for a clean edge once it's dried, and replace that sub and no one will ever know it was once left un-finished.

I kinda had to do something similar on Laws box- inside the box, behind/on the sides of the amp rack where I vinyled it white, I fell about 1/2" short on the vinyl and at just the right angle you could see the bare wood. So I taped a 1" brush on a painters stick to extend it and painted that bish up w/ some white latex paint.

You would never know the diff now tho...cept I told ya :P

Just an idea.

it appears though that the plexi is on the inside and the lip is on the outside. so it should be easier to do it this way then!!
duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Very nice install David! I love the way it looks all trimmed out and lit up!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

it appears though that the plexi is on the inside and the lip is on the outside. so it should be easier to do it this way then!!

plexi is on the outside, the lip is on the inside.

Im not going to paint it I dont think, I have been looking at this "Chrome" Vinyl tape that is 2"s wide the lip is 1.5 inches so I can fold it over the lip on the inside and it should help set off the Plexi abit more.

The frosty sticker has some bubbles in it, I have been told by a couple of people that they should go away after the soapy water I used to set the sticker drys, if they dont go away, I plan on taking it all apart and redoing it since I have a spare sticker, if I end up pulling it apart I will then paint it and make it look better.

I am totally happy with it, Im pretty sure christian is just as happy.

Thanks for all of positive feed back.

David

Sweat job on the install David. Im sure Christian is happy. You say a low 140? Thats awsome for a SQ ride. Hey Christian, waiting for meter # :(

Metered it today, it does a 140+ bassrace sealed up easy. I still have alot to adjust and play with.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Archived