no wonder it gets a lil smelly at full tilt both h/u (boss double din) and ipod. lol. i need a new head unit

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

hmm i have the ipod hookup and aux hookup but use the aux because of pandora ... ill have to test to see. i never noticed the difference but then again ive used the ipod hookup like once (need an actual ipod)

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

ipods have a feature (cant remember what its called) but its took keep from damaging your ears it basically lowers the volume for you maybe it wont clip with that on???? just a guess but like others have said best thing it to get a HU with a usb input

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

I think iPod's have a max volume setting where it won't let you turn it up past a certain point. If you set that and then set the gains to that then there shouldn't be any clipping, right?

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

I think iPod's have a max volume setting where it won't let you turn it up past a certain point. If you set that and then set the gains to that then there shouldn't be any clipping, right?

Yea, it does, it has a max limit, so u can only slide the volume up to the point you set it to... But WHERE DO I SET IT?? lol. i want the maximum output of my ipod without clipping... someone O scope it!

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

This kinda got touched on in my EQ thread....one tip I got from it is if you are using the AUX then set the EQ to Flat, makes a huge difference

I have mine set at max volume, so I'm clipping but I haven't had any issues, been that way forever. Like said, just go to Volume Limit in the settings and make it so its one click down then save it like that, so you can turn your iPod all the way up but not actually clip.

I too would use the USB because the quality is much better but I have a single-din Kenwood and scrolling through all the songs takes forever

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

^^ that's why I use aux... Well that and pandora. I hate how slow it is to scroll from just one artist tithe other. Even with the features like the artist quick scroll thing it's fucking sloooow. I have tons of music and using an iPod in USB just sucks honestly. Maybe I need a double din.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

I've been looking for a new HU, but right now i can't afford it. I have a double din slot but my stock radio has XM, Bluetooth, On Star, Steering wheel controls, and its on top of GM's 7 Speaker pioneer system, and i haven't been able to find a HU that can drive the amp that the car came with, or how to integrate all of that. Besides that, I guess i'll turn my ipod down a tic and save it there.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Yea, it does, it has a max limit, so u can only slide the volume up to the point you set it to... But WHERE DO I SET IT?? lol. i want the maximum output of my ipod without clipping... someone O scope it!

just literally turn the volume down on the ipod like 2 pixels and save the lock there lol.

thank god both of dins have usb connections

TEAM FLEX ISSUES,TEAM DC AUDIO

2000 Silverado Ext 1500 v.3

(Walled Silverado)

4 DC Power 270a Alts on A DC Power Quad Alt Bracket

XS Power VCM,Stinger Volt Meters

4 AA Mayhem 18s

2 DC Audio 9.0ks Strapped

1 DC Audio 175.4

4 Selenium 6.5s & 4 Selenium 8s

4 Selenium Super Tweeter st350s

72 SQ Ft Of Stinger Roadkill Expert

Alpine CDA 9887

XS Power d3400(Hood),6 XS Power d3100s(Bed)

& much more.....

2011 Meca CA State Champion & State Record Holder In M5

Meca SPL:158.2

Meca P&P:137.4

DB Drag:159.1

USACI:161.2

BUILD LOG.....YOUTUBE CHANNEL.....FEEDBACK