State of Hawaii trying to ban ALL aftermarket systems

http://ceoutlook.com/hawaii-car-audio-bill-killed/

I believe I speak for everyone when I say Marcus Oshiro, go fuck yourself.

x2 THANK GOD

I knew that shit wouldn't pass!

“CEA commends the Transportation Committee of the Hawaii State Assembly for preserving Hawaiians’ ability to enjoy their mobile audio products. “The proposed legislation would have negatively impacted Hawaiian businesses and eliminated jobs just as the state is emerging from the worst recession in recent memory. It also would have cost the state significant tax revenues generated through the sale and installation of aftermarket speakers and subwoofers.”

“CEA supports the responsible use of consumer electronics in a safe listening environment. As Hawaii properly recognized, enforcement of existing noise ordinance statues is preferable to banning an entire class of legal technology products.”

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Permanently deferred, we had a group of about 50+ people down there to oppose, and it looked like there was several hundred emailed testimonials opposing the bill. About 5-6 people went up to talk and brought up most of the points that have been talked about here. After the hearing, we all went outside and were talking to the guy who introduced the bill. He agreed to kill it, but is going to try to work with us on either more strictly enforcing the noise pollution law that is already in place, or raise the fines something along that line.

The guy was pretty arrogant though saying how like 1 12" sub rattles houses and I told him dude I can show you an 18" on 4500 watts that can't be heard from 10 ft away with my windows up. One of the news stations KITV4 was down there and the guy asked to interview me and take some footage of my car. So it should be airing tonight, for now you guys can see the little 20 second clip that's an introduction to the video I guess here:

http://www.kitv.com/news/26807075/detail.html

TL;DR We got him to kill the bill after realizing how much opposition it had. Thank you guys so much for all the testimonial you sent in, they basically looked at the huge stack of testimonials, read the first few which were from companies like Kenwood and then the guy said ok I'm not going to read all these, who wants to come up and talk.

haha, was that your car playing man in the mirror? :rofl: good shit man.

im proud of our community. rite now.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Yup that's my car lol, they took some shots with the trunk open watching the sub move, and then they did one where he started at my car, walked away 30 ft (the current noise pollution law) and then I closed the trunk and he mentioned how you couldn't even hear it. I'll put up a link when the full video is on the website. They were also shooting some of the testimonies spoken during the hearing.

sweeeeeeeeeeeet glad we were all able to help keep bumping

xspower.jpg

ShowImage-1.jpg

Had an estimate of 6400 for an alpine/clarion setup dealer said it "should" hit around 160db with the custom boxes he was going to make for me..doubtful with so much area to move but, budget is way below that :( any ideas on cheaper brands for that kind of Spl setup? really didnt want to try any Boss or soundstorm, thinking Quantum figure around $150 per speaker "$1800 total" and $1700 to power it, first actual big setup for the van.

New MEMPHIS CAR AUDIO build

4 15s Memphis C3

2 xs power D3100

1 xs power d3400

custom fiberglass door pannel

and lots more

My Build

Did you guys read the comments on the news story and video you linked to ??

"Unbelievable! So these thugs confront Marcus Oshiro and he is going to kill the bill in committee. This was a good solution to the problem. I don't care if you go out of business. You're selling something that should be illegal anyway. The only other solution is to let the police have more unmarked cars and then pull them over and fine them $10,000. Oh...but you can't do that too because that might drive them out of business too."

"He seems intimidated by the dudes,

He's pro steel rail which is also endorsed by big construction dudes

He's chair of a committee

Perhaps anti-steel railers should get some big dudes to talk to him about other rail alternatives.

Hawaii Politics as usual."

"How do we know that Oshiro guy isnt in cahoots with the car dealerships? they bring in cheep paper cone spkers from china and charge 300 bucks for one that will last only 3months, they'd have a complete monopoly on the market..."

People are misinformed and uneducated

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Did you guys read the comments on the news story and video you linked to ??

"Unbelievable! So these thugs confront Marcus Oshiro and he is going to kill the bill in committee. This was a good solution to the problem. I don't care if you go out of business. You're selling something that should be illegal anyway. The only other solution is to let the police have more unmarked cars and then pull them over and fine them $10,000. Oh...but you can't do that too because that might drive them out of business too."

People are misinformed and uneducated

Yea I peeped that. It kinda had me Hot!

08 Tahoe

2 sets of JL Zr 650s

2 15" RE XXX(New)

DC 5k

Meh, if it passes as written, who cares.

Law is INCREDIBLY literal.

Read their retarded bill, note the bold parts:

"No person shall install, possess, or operate in any motor vehicle an in-dash or mounted radio, cassette tape, compact disc, digital video disc, or digital music device other than the original equipment in which there are:"

Only talks about sources, because the person who wrote it is utterly ignorant of car audio.

So you have to run a source that doesn't have any subwoofers in it... gee, that's not hard. Unless you're a total basshead and glassed a sub to your iPod.

Shit guys, better not put any subs in your DVDs...

You must not have read it...

[/b]

I read it, I even quoted from it.

Completely aside from the fact that it's now been dropped, read it carefully. Remember, literal interpretation.

Break the lists up. For example:

"No person shall... possess... a... cassette tape... in which there are... Five or more speakers"

Damn, I want a cassette tape with 6 speakers IN IT!

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived