Second Skin Audio

Multiple subs in different size enclosures?

I currently have two 15's in two boxes with 5 cubic feet per sub. I want to now wall off my truck by adding two more 15's but the two additional boxes will only have 3 cubic feet per sub. I would like to run them all off the same amp. I know that to be optimum all subs should be in equal air space. But what will happen? Subs cancel out other subs? Sound like garbage? Damage subs? Damage amp? Or sound fine just not optimum setup? Just for reference, subs are DVC 4ohm, final load will be 2ohm, subs with 5 cubic ft will be on bottom with subs with 3 cubic ft on top, all boxes joined together into a wall. thanks in advance for any insight into this, I keep hearing different opinions on what will happen but no one I know has tried it.

This makes no sense...if you're going to wall...why not just build one enclosure for four 15s?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

you has no moneys to destroy and rebuilt?

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

If you use two different enclosures, you will get different sounds. They shouldn't cancel but one set will hit lows better and blah blah blah. I would say, chop cut rebuild. Take the 15s out and build ONE box. Stacking boxes sounds like a mess anyways. If I were you, I would run the 2 15s you have now until you can get the $$$ or w/e your waiting on and build one enclosure for the wall. But thats just me.

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

Alpine CDA-117

2 12" Fi Audio SSD D1

Rockford Fosgate T1000-1BD (1340RMS @ 1 ohm)

Vibe Audio LiteBox Stereo 4

Energy ENC650CV2 Component/Convertible Speakers

Knu Koncept 0 Gauge

Just stop being a cheap ass, and do it right, or dont do it at all.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

My teammate has stacked enclosures in his s10 and pulls a 154. This was done for ease of install. And that 154 is on music all day long. Both are identical tapered horns.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

Stacked boxes wont hurt you but doing boxes that are different sizes will....The best bet is as everyone previously stated just save up and build a wall that way it will all run the same as long as you are using the same kinds of subs

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

All subs are exactly the same. I spent a lot of time and money making the first box. The current box is carpeted and has a amp rack built onto the front which again I would rather not destroy. The second level of subs was an after thought and I KNOW that to be optimum all subs should be in equal space. Again I ask for input on this. If the boxes are all tuned to the same frequency, and are all the same drivers, why not? My only thought is the subs in the 5cf will work more efficiently and be slightly louder. for reference subs are kicker l7's.