Cold subs, not as much pound* ?

These are the words from steve" he said- tell him to buy a morning amp!

Rofl.. Haha

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

buy a pos hair dryer and an extension cord.

i do it when i dont want to wait for the car to warm up.

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png

^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes!

anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.

nah its not that its your ears man....

i have the same thing too my systems not as loud when i first wake up but when i get out of school my systems sounds the same like any other day

and yes my temp is like the same 31-29 degress sometimes in the morning

Was that a serious answer? It's definitely because the spider and surround is stiffer in the cold. If anything, my system sounds loud as SHIT after i've been sleeping/not hearing anything loud. Through the day your ears acclimate to louder sounds. If you've been laying in bed at night in the quiet for 10 hours, it should sound loud as hell.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

Hey man. Gotta suggestion for ya. Kick your oldies cars outta the garage. Doesn't your machine deserve a house? LOL...

Wouldn't make much diff though, still cold in a garage, unless it's bloody heated!

I agree with others tho, just gotta wait til its warmed up some. Not much else you can do about it.

Whatcha doin at TAFE man? Anything to do with cars? Me, 3rd year mech engineer...

Lol man how'd you know I was at TAFE and I'm doing Graphic Design there.

My car is housed on the side of the road in the gutter haha.

Well if the ambient temperature the drivers play in is "cold" then yes you are going to have a lesser acoustic response then as you would if the drivers were playing in a "hot" environment. Why? Acoustic impedance; "colder" air means denser air, which means lower particle velocity, which means more acoustic impedance and vice versa with a higher temperature.

When I used to have my alpine system in my Tiburon and I was new to car audio, I noticed this phenomena quite frequently, especially when it started getting closer toward winter. The only way you're going to be able to counteract this is to jack the heat up in your car and get it nice and toasty warm. And although it's counteractive, open the windows to let the subs breathe for more bass!

So the conclusion is, more heat = more bass! :good:

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

Well if the ambient temperature the drivers play in is "cold" then yes you are going to have a lesser acoustic response then as you would if the drivers were playing in a "hot" environment. Why? Acoustic impedance; "colder" air means denser air, which means lower particle velocity, which means more acoustic impedance and vice versa with a higher temperature.

When I used to have my alpine system in my Tiburon and I was new to car audio, I noticed this phenomena quite frequently, especially when it started getting closer toward winter. The only way you're going to be able to counteract this is to jack the heat up in your car and get it nice and toasty warm. And although it's counteractive, open the windows to let the subs breathe for more bass!

I am not so sure that is a comprehensive conclusion. Stiff suspension and air density are certainly on track, but a cold voice coil is what you want, the colder the coil, the less the resistance and that means more current flown per amplifier output volt, equating in more watts.

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

I am not so sure that is a comprehensive conclusion. Stiff suspension and air density are certainly on track, but a cold voice coil is what you want, the colder the coil, the less the resistance and that means more current flown per amplifier output volt, equating in more watts.

I definitely agree with the stiffer suspension also being part of the problem as well as denser air. I also firmly agree with when the coil is colder there is less resistance; but from my experience, the ambient temperature in which the driver plays in is a huge factor on the acoustic response the bass head receives.

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

Hey man. Gotta suggestion for ya. Kick your oldies cars outta the garage. Doesn't your machine deserve a house? LOL...

Wouldn't make much diff though, still cold in a garage, unless it's bloody heated!

I agree with others tho, just gotta wait til its warmed up some. Not much else you can do about it.

Whatcha doin at TAFE man? Anything to do with cars? Me, 3rd year mech engineer...

Lol man how'd you know I was at TAFE and I'm doing Graphic Design there.

My car is housed on the side of the road in the gutter haha.

Archived