1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

Saw this in person today, Demo was incredible subs slam so good and your front stage is so warm and clean. I went through this whole build and have caught up to speed with all your work. My hats off to you see you around! congratulations on your win too! :drink40:

With all this clean install and effort I hope you win SOTM!!!! :clapping:

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

Glad to see this build in the sotm contest, don't see too many vehicles with that many alts, that many batteries, that big an enclosure and still the ability to carry people. All the custom work is sick, personally love the battery bank enclosure. Good luck :drink40:

sighl.jpg

Outrageous quality metal working in here. Please tell me you work with metal for a living or I'm going to feel very inadequate...

The rivet nuts are an interesting idea, I'm toying with ordering a bunch of them to help with my install. Do you use different kinds for mounting in plastic vs. metal? I always order from McMaster-Carr and this is their page:

http://www.mcmaster.com/#rivet-nuts/=db61dh

Predictably there are an annoying variety of choices... which of these would you recommend? Is there a special tool necessary to apply them?

Thanks bro. I actually sit behind a computer for a living. I design and CNC program automotive parts. :P

As for the rivnuts I use the open-end knurled rivenuts. They work good in both sheet metal and sheet plastic. Just make sure to get a tight hole. As for the thickness range I stick with .020"-.163"

To install them I use a tool from harbor freight. Here is a link.

My link

It works good. It will wear eventually but at $17 it's a small loss.

Good luck with your project. :drinks:

nice build i believe if you ran all crescendo it would be louder like two 3500s. 2 of my teamates and a couple other competitors of mine have used the warhorses and i wasnt impressed at all with there output. infact all were down from normal amps by a couple dbs. i love that battery rack thats my next project

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

nice build i believe if you ran all crescendo it would be louder like two 3500s. 2 of my teamates and a couple other competitors of mine have used the warhorses and i wasnt impressed at all with there output. infact all were down from normal amps by a couple dbs. i love that battery rack thats my next project

Thanks. Being that my subs are dual 4 ohms, and they were practically giving the Warhorses away earlier this year, I felt this would be the best combo. I'm pretty sure with a different box I can probably score a bit higher. Projects like these are all about compromise. I was aiming for a loud nice sounding daily driver, so I left some dbs on the table. No biggie. :drinks:

like i try to say craftsmanship is half the final product to me it doesn t matter how loud you are or how much money you have in amps in subs if you didn t take your time and do you best in the install its crap thats why you get my vote man if you don t win its a shame

95 toyota corolla

1.8 dohc

5 speed

system in planing stages right now

Archived