A Suburban A Warhorse and a pair of Double Dees

Nice work man! Looks amazing so far.

nice subs and that kicker amp is awesome

battery holder looks good as well,

nice work tuned

you sir got some mad skills.

Lookin great man :)

work skills

Thanks for the kind words fellas. Updates coming soon. :)

....ohhhh...and i thought i could push two 9515gs with two powerbass xa3000s and a couple batteries and maybe a h/o alt if needed.

very nice build man!

Push them? I was planning of shoving these DD's around and showing them who's the boss. :P Thanks bro.

Awesome craftsmanship thus far!

Where did you get those pre-made kicke panels for the 6.5s and the tweeters if you dont mind sharing? :)

Thanks. The kick panels came from Q-logic. I think they are a partner here on this forum. Check them out, nice stuff. :)

What's up planet earth? After a short hiatus, an impromptu toilet swap, I'm back. The battery rack is at the welder's and I'm wait for some machine time to cut the hangers. For the time being I started work on the doors and figuring out a way to shoehorn a pair of 7" Mpyre Mid-Basses in the factory location behind the factory grills. Can it be done? Watch and be amazed.

Le door panel with le mids:

DSC03210.jpg

Le area to be hacked out:

DSC03212.jpg

We, those were the tool used, classic onebadmonte hack job :P

DSC03213.jpg

Another test fit.

DSC03214.jpg

I used the factory grill and the mids to make a cardboard template. I transfer the template shape some MDF. Upon further review I decieded to make a multi level baffle to fit the drivers.

DSC03219.jpg

Here are all the baffle pieces roughed out with le wienie bandsaw.

DSC03221.jpg

Le test fit of the baffle in le door with le door panel in place.

DSC03216.jpg

Here I'm making sure le grill fits. :)

DSC03217.jpg

The moment everyone's been waiting for. How the hell do the drivers fit? Here you go.

DSC03227.jpg

DSC03228.jpg

DSC03230.jpg

DSC03231.jpg

Still got a ways to go, but I have an idea of how I'm going to get it all to work. Stay tuned. BTW, sorry for the french accent (le here and le there) I was eating some french fries while I was writing this. :P

Nice bro, loving the whole log

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

trim and sand the back of the top baffle so the surround of teh bottom mid doesnt touch it ;)

Love it :)

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Hey everybody. I got some more work done on the battery rack. This time I got some work going on the hangers. I got a video update this time around. Check it out.

Here are the parts done up and ready for welding.

DSC03266.jpg

Here is a finished hanger

DSC03267.jpg

DSC03269.jpg

DSC03271.jpg

Here is a close up of the phat bead I laid down with my little 110v welder. Flux core wire FTW. :P

DSC03272.jpg

DSC03273.jpg

It's not the prettiest but I did it. Here are some more pics of the finished hanger.

DSC03274.jpg

DSC03275.jpg

:)

Archived