A Suburban A Warhorse and a pair of Double Dees

Thanks for all the kind words fellas. I finished welding up the battery rack hangers today. That and I sanded off all the splatter to keep things looking nice and smooth when they're painted.

DSC03278.jpg

DSC03279.jpg

DSC03281.jpg

DSC03283.jpg

:peepwall:

nice. you should bed liner the whole rack and hanger system. it would look sick and be durable.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

I got some hardware in and as luck my have it, I actually had the energy to get some work done. Enough with the yapping, now for some pics. :)

Looky, looky here. Hardware from my favorite source.

DSC03285.jpg

What do we have here? Wood insert and rivnuts in 8-32, 10-32 and 1/4-20. Also some 1/2-13 nuts, bolts, washers, and lock washer. Those big bolts are 3/4-11. Heavy duty. :)

DSC03286.jpg

With the hardware in I put the battery rack base and hangers together.

DSC03288.jpg

DSC03289.jpg

DSC03290.jpg

DSC03291.jpg

Before getting the rack in place I had to prep the spare tire are. Here you can see the line I have drawn across the spare tire hanger sheet metal. I'll be taking off everything below the line on both sides.

DSC03113.jpg

Here is a shot of the aftermath.

DSC03115.jpg

Here the first rack is in place. Pic is looking in towards the center from the passenger side.

DSC03308.jpg

Here I am verifying my measurements.

DSC03300.jpg

I've got just over half an inch between the cross-member and the top of the studs on the batteries.

DSC03299.jpg

Here is looking at the rack from the drivers side.

DSC03292.jpg

To be continued :P

Before I could get the second rack in I had to hack off some the the receiver hitch. Another classic jigsaw hack job by yours truly. :P

DSC03310.jpg

A little close up. Here you can gauge how much I took off by comparing the close side to the far side.

DSC03312.jpg

Now the opposite side. That jigsaw is one bad mofo.

DSC03319.jpg

Ahhh, the carnage. That stuff was every bit of a quarter inch thick. Those $2 jigsaw blades from Wally's Mart took'em like a champ.

DSC03320.jpg

Moment of truth.

DSC03325.jpg

DSC03329.jpg

I've got a little over an inch between the receiver hitch and the rack.

DSC03330.jpg

Lined up good with the factory opening in the frame. I meant to do that. :P This is the drivers side frame rail

DSC03339.jpg

Now the passenger side frame rail

DSC03340.jpg

One last shot from the drivers side looking up towards the center.

DSC03343.jpg

Time for bed. I was a productive day. :)

well what can i say i cant say what everybody else said so..... this build sucks :peepwall: i kid i kid lol. looks good mang. for some reason i thought this build was for somebody elses truck, but cool to see a second build from ya mang and all looks great so far :drinks:

well what can i say i cant say what everybody else said so..... this build sucks :peepwall: i kid i kid lol. looks good mang. for some reason i thought this build was for somebody elses truck, but cool to see a second build from ya mang and all looks great so far :drinks:

Thanks man.:drink40: I figured peeps weren't too impressed with my build without a box so I thought I'd try a build with a box. :P I though I was going overboard then I remembered what site I was on. :)

Archived