Second Skin Audio

why do people put fiberglass in

pittross

Im building my box now and was thinking of putting fiberglass resin in just to seal it up nice and smooth the surfaces. I have plenty of bracing for support

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

Sorry, but not on its own it will. Helps smooth out surfaces, seals the wood, and can help smoothen airflow increase port velocity and decrease port noise. Although...fecupe did some awesome testing with vinyl and adhesive which helped his scores. It's something ill be trying next.

This, to help facilitate smooth air flow.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

• 1 month later...

Resin is resin. Resin and mat are what make fiberglass which is a very strong material. You can make 45s out of fiberglass but wood would be quicker.

ok thnks and one other thing. if you do fiberglass/resin the inside of a box do you need to bondo and sand it? or just sand the glass down?

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

is resin stronger then wood for 45s? or is it just eaiser? (i dont have a tablesaw)

You can use skill saw/circular saw. Just 45 your blade, set up a straight edge and cut. Just remember to make sure you cut the right way the 2nd time

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I usually don't use bondo, usually just sand, sand some more, sand some more, and finally sans some more.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

I usually don't use bondo, usually just sand, sand some more, sand some more, and finally sans some more.

ight when i start my box iss what i can do wit a saw...and ok so just make it as smooth as i can get it. and i total understand the whole sand 50 times thing. i did my pillars and was sanding forever lol thanks man

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

to make it stronger.

Sorry, but not on its own it will. Helps smooth out surfaces, seals the wood, and can help smoothen airflow increase port velocity and decrease port noise. Although...fecupe did some awesome testing with vinyl and adhesive which helped his scores. It's something ill be trying next.

Who´s fecupe???? :)

Yes sir, i´m with you on this one, resin doesn´t add strenght to your box , only smooth surfaces, but also yes it seals any leaks on the box, i honestly don´t lose my time on fiberglass inside a box, i prefer to brace that thing with a couple of threaded rods and i´m good to go :) , and of course, some nice vinyl FTMW hehehhee

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived