Bolt Pattern Adapters?

I have always wondered about the fate of my rims when I get a new vehicle. Well, I have my heart set on a Crown Vic when the time comes. Heres the issue: My current bolt pattern is 5x115 on a FWD vehicle. The Crown Vic is RWD and the bolt pattern is 5x114.3. I saw adapters for sale on eBay for turning the 5x115 into a 5x114.3. Are these things okay to use or are they going to break and lead to my ultimate demise? Any info helps

Thanks,

Sam

alsong as the adapters are of good quality and put on right you shouldnt have a problem.ive have 1.25in dapters on the rear of my jimmy for like 4 years and never had a problem, ran stock wheels, 22s, 24s and everything is good. i payed $70 from a local shop.

30315220056_large.jpg

30315220058_large.jpg

30315220062_large.jpg

What i did when i put them on-Clean hub of vehicle of any rust(wire brush) some loc tight on studs bolt on adapter, torque bolt on wheel torque and ready to roll!

• 1 month later...

I have always wondered about the fate of my rims when I get a new vehicle. Well, I have my heart set on a Crown Vic when the time comes. Heres the issue: My current bolt pattern is 5x115 on a FWD vehicle. The Crown Vic is RWD and the bolt pattern is 5x114.3. I saw adapters for sale on eBay for turning the 5x115 into a 5x114.3. Are these things okay to use or are they going to break and lead to my ultimate demise? Any info helps

Thanks,

Sam

You won't need an adapter simply for that bolt pattern, it's the offset that's gonna mess you up. FWD use high offset wheels and RWD use low offset wheels so I think you're gonna run into a big problem trying to get FWD wheels to fit on your RWD car....you might be able to use spacers but the only way I'd do that is if the spacer bolts to your hub and has studs built in to it. Other than that, prolly not gonna work out too well

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

ok honestly ive never tried it but why in the hell would they sell an adapter with those 2 bolt patters if they fit the same. never use the wrong pattern for rims. they can move and loosen up. bad news... adapters are fine and you should not have any problem unless like someone already said, the backspace might be off. and the adapter sticks the wheel out about a half inch or inch, depending on however thick it is. so dont forget to add that into the equation when trying to fit the rims.

ok honestly ive never tried it but why in the hell would they sell an adapter with those 2 bolt patters if they fit the same. never use the wrong pattern for rims. they can move and loosen up. bad news... adapters are fine and you should not have any problem unless like someone already said, the backspace might be off. and the adapter sticks the wheel out about a half inch or inch, depending on however thick it is. so dont forget to add that into the equation when trying to fit the rims.

Are we talking about why manufacturers make what they make or if a 5x114.3 wheel would fit on a car with a 5x115 bolt pattern? You do realize the difference between these two bolt patterns is .35mm, right? Do you really think the manufacturing tolerances for those castings are that tight? Hahaha, yeah right!

Google states:

115mm = 4.52755906 in

114.3mm = 4.5 in

5x114.3 wheels WILL fit on a car with a 5x115 bolt pattern

Hit up wheelsnext.com, they have a 100% fitment guarantee, does it make sense to you that they would recommend 5x114.3 wheels for a car with a 5x115 bolt pattern if they didn't fit? Seeing as how their fitment guarantee calls for them to cover all shipping charges both ways in the event your wheels don't fit....they recommend 5x114.3 wheels all day for cars with 5x115 bolt patterns.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Archived