Jump to content

Help me decide on a 4 chanel amp


bumonskateboard6

  

17 members have voted

  1. 1. What amp to go for?

    • DC Audio 175.4
      7
    • DD C5b
      1
    • Sundown 100.4
      8
    • Save and buy McIntosh or Audison
      1


Recommended Posts

Posted

I can't really decide what amp I want to power my new Hertz HSK-165 and HCX-165s with. The HSK are rated at 125wrms and the HCX are at 100wrms. I like DC a lot and like their 175.4 but I also don't wanna cook these speakers. My 3 main choices are the DC 175, a DD C5b, a Sundown 100.4, or I could save up for a while and get a McIntosh MCC404M or Audison LRx 4.1k (I'm not a huge SQ guy just want something good sounding on these Hertz)

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Posted

personally bang for buck the DC IMO is the best choice i have one in the mail as i type cant wait to get it

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Posted

personally bang for buck the DC IMO is the best choice i have one in the mail as i type cant wait to get it

Yeah Rusty has always been good to me, I just don't want to overpower these speakers but if I set the gains right I won't...

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Posted

You said itself, not so much SQ. I´m not sure about the prices in the U.S, what you thing about a RF T600.4, and in the want to sale section is a Kicker SX 900.4.

If you don´t want to go real SQ, i would not spend this much like the Audisons and McIntosh´s. And i guess a class A/B amp, not like the SAZ a class D, for the comps.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Posted

I love my 175.4 it is the best 4 channel I have ever run. I swapped it in for my old JL HD 600/4 and I personally think it has a crisper cleaner sound.

If you need a price for it just shoot me a PM and ill get you hooked up.

Posted

I love my 175.4 it is the best 4 channel I have ever run. I swapped it in for my old JL HD 600/4 and I personally think it has a crisper cleaner sound.

If you need a price for it just shoot me a PM and ill get you hooked up.

Hey if ya say it sounds better than the 600/4 that's good to hear because that's what the hertz were hooked up to at the shop, I just used a 600/4 once and wasn't too impressed. I'll probably go with the 175.4

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Posted

Sundown has great crossover features.

this is another thing to consider

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Posted

Replaced my rf 600.4 with a sundown 100. 4 would not purchace any thing else. Running rainbows realy made a diffrance

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 914 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...