Guest Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 I am planning my summer setup. narrowing down my options to a single 15" HDC3 or a single 15" N2, both on 2kw. box is planned to be obviously ported, firing forward, and sealed off. the pros and cons i have come up with are as follows HDC3: Pros - Relatively cheap, $300 shipped Cons - Quite heavy N2: Pros - Light on account of the neo motor, very efficient Cons - Price is about $450 fully loaded before shipping Is the neodymium motor's performance really that much better than the standard ferrite motor? would there be any noticeable performance gains/losses? is it worth the extra money? i have been pondering this for the past few days and i keep coming up 50/50. can anyone give me any additional info so i can make a choice? thanks
redbaron80 Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 My vote is the FI Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/
Guest Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 My vote is the FI so thats 1 vote for Fi. but im trying to find out if that neo motor is really worth the extra $150. if i theoretically am as loud with one woofer as i am with the other, then there is no point in spending that extra money.
smashedz28 Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 I would run a Fi product over a AQ any day. Have no experience with the n2, but the gen 2 that I have i love and was worth every penny.
OldsBoomer Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 The N2 will win thermally everytime. The cooling put into the N2 is insane i got to play with one this Sunday I purposely clipped to the signal to the sub to get it hotter fast and it was cold the whole time I was amazed. Suburban Coming Soon
Ji553r Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 well theres no telling exactly how loud its gonna be but its only 150$ so id do Fi. the biggest factor for me being its lighter. its your choice though in the end I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/
C-Fizzy Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 Not to sure if you would be "louder" with the n2. but the thermal cooling would definately increase. Unless you plan on throwing more power later down the road, i would just go for the AQ. under construction I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me. u hate c-fizzy?
memphisBred Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 All the technology and newish thinking going into the Fi woofers is a pro and the reason I'd go with them. SMD Super Seller/Buyer Audison----Hertz----Rainbow
redbaron80 Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 I have never, ever had a failure with any product FI has made, as you guys know I push my subs to the absolute limit. Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/
StreetSlappah Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 Not to sure if you would be "louder" with the n2. but the thermal cooling would definately increase. Unless you plan on throwing more power later down the road, i would just go for the AQ. X2 Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center] Build Log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/ 2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp 17" gold bbs 5% tint all around w/sunglare strip JVC dvd double din Knuconceptz 4ga wiring XS Power! Big 3 8" SAv2 d2 1800 audiopipe
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.