Second Skin Audio

sub gettin getting warm

in my opinion,,. not usually.. unless you are overpowering or clipping a sub shouldnt get warm to the touch at the dustcap. Enough heat isnt being dissipated from where it should be and the heat is coming up to the dust cap. Ide say if your overpowering turn them down a bit, or recheck your gains and make sure your not clipping the sub

that is basically where the heat will build due to the voice coil being under it. subs will get warm but if they get hot and smelly you are probably clipping and that is bad.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

it's fine...it happens. if you smell it there might be an issue with too much power or dirty signal, but heat is a natural byproduct of electricity

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

clipping came to your ride, disrespected your sub

or he's just running double the rms to the sub? Even if you're not clipping at all the 2x rms is gonna make that sub heat up..just turn your gains down

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress