Sonic Electronix

Your car and how much wire you needed.

1996 Grand Marquis

Single run of 1/0

21 feet from battery under the hood, passenger side, threw the firewall about 12-16" under glovebox, hidden all the way back, just had 21ft to be safe.(battery and ground on amp)

Big 3

Used 11 ft. to be safe and was more than enough, and yes I like this thread, to give a estimate of what someone might need if their going to wire some stuff up.

Edited by MrSoHeavySPL

96 GRAND MARQUIS

2 Kole Kmx 15s

6.0 A.E. box tuned to 42Hz

1/0g power and ground

Huge Duralast batt.

Stock 130a alt

Amplifier - Dual XiA2460(hardcore p.o.s.)

Head Unit- Kenwood KDC-X693

AudioControl Three.1

Audiobahn bass line driver

Teh Big 3 in Kollosus Fleks 1/0

Funny Youtube Shit MATUXAZ

2 weeks ago "In wikipedia i found that this sub in 1997's unofficial private SPLdB drag was burned down the dB meter! The dB was over 300 and the system burned down. Actually, 300dB is only about ¼ of this prototype sound level."

I don't know anything about guns... so when I saw the title I thought, "I wonder what kind of woofer the AR-15 is?"

*laughs*

Twisted, I would stay away from that guy, the next video he uploads could be you tied up in his living room while being forced to watch him "swag and cook" in person, lol.

1997 Chevy blazer 4 door. 17ft 1/0. Front battery, through firewall antenna grommet, to back hatch all up passenger side to rear batteries. amps were mounted 1" from rear hatch panel.

1999 Chevy Tahoe 4 door 17 ft 1/0. Front TWO batteries, wired through antenna grommet on passenger side of firewall, wire ran up the middle between the seat, amps under 2nd row of seats.

1993 GMC Suburban 20 ft 1/0 Front battery, through passenger side firewall antenna hole wire ran under passenger seat, all the way behind 3rd row, to battery bank, amps mounted 1" from rear doors. 51' of RF 1/0 in all to complete my install.

lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz.

-= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash

Subs: 2 T1 12's

Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:)

2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/

2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/SMDSig3-26-12.jpg

2007 Scion tC.

4 Gauge power wire ran from front battery, through a hole in the fire wall that was already there (from the factory). It then goes down behind a panel in the drivers kick, and under some trim next to the door. From there it goes behind some trim that covers the rear speaker. Next, it goes behind the rear seats, and into the styrofoam area that has my amp. The ground wire just goes from the amp to a bolt on the chassis behind some of the carpeting, rear of the amp. The RCA runs from the HU, through the upper part of the passenger kick, behind the same trim pieces mentioned before, but instead of going behind the seats, it just goes straight to the amp. The remote wire follows the same path as the power wire. Except it starts at the HU of course.

The wire is from a RF amp install kit that came with 15ft of power wire and like 2 feet of ground wire. I think the RCA cable was about 12 feet or so. I used every inch of it.

EDIT: That hole in the firewall is at the top behind a bunch of random shit. You can fit your hand in there is you have skinny girl hands like me. You have to get your head down near the intake to really see it and I could only manage to work blind as I couldn't look at it and work at the same time.

I'll post info on wire needed for the big 3 once I do it next week.

If you are going to use anything bigger than 4 gauge, I recommend finding an alternate path than the one above as I have a hard time trying to squeeze the 4 gauge under some of the trim panels. I'm sure you could route it through the center console with out any problems though.

This is what i like to see. Thanks!

Lets keep this goin guys!

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

• 3 weeks later...

03 Dodge Stratus sxt sedan.....battery in front of driver side wheel well underneath EVERYTHING! took no more than 16 feet underneath the car up into the rear of the trunk.

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

A thread that lists possible spots to put wire through the firewall would be nice.

Its not that hard but its even easier if say you got a new whip and no exactly where you run the wire itd save you maybe 30 min in average cases :P

btw

1998 Sklark GS coupe ~ 17 ft driverside bat plenty of room under the steering column drill a hole i couldnt find a gromet. 1/0

1999 Monte Carlo - There is almost no great spots to run the wire through the firewall. Drill a hole driver side 3-4inches to the left of the brake pedal and up some. Youll see a single brown wire running through the firewall. You can drill just the left of the wire. Make sure to be careful there are aluminum lines on the other side. its a tight fit just double check your drilling direction. 17ft if not less should get it done. more like 15ft ill let you know if my battery ever arrives.

Also 1/0 used wire ran under driver door trim/carpet straight back underneath everything on driverside ran clean ~15ft mid trunk. I bought 20ft i have alot left

Edited by P4killer_

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Yea this will depend on placement of everything and the route taken.Sometimes the cleaner the run the more wire you will need.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

1995 chevy S10 extended cab

25 ft zero gauge for:

Batt to distribution

ground to frame

Frame to batt

Batt to engine block

Alt to batt

May have missed something

Run from batt to distribution goes under truck and through bottom rear of cab