Chode69 Posted September 16, 2007 Report Posted September 16, 2007 anything after 180db is consdered P.S.I NoFearX18 said: Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said: i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL! trainman0978 said: I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P... Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power 2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!! DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!
IH8PunkRok Posted September 16, 2007 Report Posted September 16, 2007 i believe 198db is enough to kill u -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
dr.db Posted September 16, 2007 Report Posted September 16, 2007 i believe 198db is enough to kill uIt would be even a little less than that...try sitting in somebody like Scott Owens truck......that thing would stop your heart..
mrwigglezdj Posted September 17, 2007 Report Posted September 17, 2007 i stuck my head in his truck and my heart didnt stop?....but then again he didnt have the system actavated lol Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets
IH8PunkRok Posted September 17, 2007 Report Posted September 17, 2007 even if the system was bangin and u stuck ur head in all it would do is deafen u if u sat in a car that could do 180+ and it was all closed up ur lungs would be crushed and u would die -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
Chode69 Posted September 17, 2007 Report Posted September 17, 2007 i believe 198db is enough to kill u anything over 170 can kill you NoFearX18 said: Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said: i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL! trainman0978 said: I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P... Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power 2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!! DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!
Forevrbumpn Posted September 17, 2007 Author Report Posted September 17, 2007 depending on the frequency, 170-it can kill you. And yes, it said 180db 10 miles away When a shockwave travels FASTER than sound, it ends up becoming sound waves after a certain distance Something I have wanted to do was build a wall in a truck, and use some jack hammers to move a wall back and forth, and see what happens SPL wise I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
TeamBudweiserCG Posted September 17, 2007 Report Posted September 17, 2007 I have set in a 167.3 at 61hertz legal on TL and a 169.9 at 79hertz. The 67.3 was alot more painfull.
TeamBudweiserCG Posted September 17, 2007 Report Posted September 17, 2007 I have also stood in the driverside door of Scott's truck around 171 was loud but not as concentrated out the drivers door.
LSN2meBoom916 Posted September 17, 2007 Report Posted September 17, 2007 5hz, 300db......i would think a whale would cause a tsunami anyway i think that 180db thing could be true, who knows.....i think there is a difference in a volcano making 180db than a car burping 180 on a mic when its been engineered to do that number in one and only one spot. A lot of SPL cars do much less then that even a foot to the other side of the dash so i dont think its a good comparison. If you had thousands of subs in boxes as big as buildings and as many of them as it takes to use up the shear size of a volcano......and they were ALL doing 180 at the same time in open air, i bet it would be much more realistic then the pioneer truck opening the door at a show....if you feel what im TRYING to say (trying anyway) I think I get ya too. It's also a consideration of FREQUENCY. A loud car/truck is gonna be loud at a certain freq. ONE FREQUENCEY as it's peak in a comp/extreme car/burp machine. A sonic boom/airplane/jet engine, or volcano eruption are not limited to any certain frequency so they get loud over a huge range, if not over THE ENTIRE range (audible and inaudible). I was reading something on this a while back b4 the TL ever came about and they were discussing "the limits" of car audio or audio in general. The "200" or even "220" marks were the talked about extremes but with the advent of The TL and it being so much harder to score on. The TL requires much higher pressure rather than loudness to the ear(as Pornstar demo'd on ROE) and the "200" of today is now like "300" of previous yrs. In any case, I think as long as you know what mic any Number was recorded on, you can get a good idea of how loud a setup is. If I say I can do a 150 on an A/C mic that has no sensitivity adjustment, anyone who knows a/c and TL mics would prolly agree thats in the 140-145db on a TL. I personally stand by that as I have metered on both mics and that seems the consensus. Best to date on an A/C mic is 150 and TL 144.4 both on same music. Anybody doing over 150DB on TL has my respect cuz that's no joke. & Above that, hello hearing aid. COOGLE SAID:"bro thats how we got where we are... buy making messes ...... i still learn all the time you just gota be willing to ruck up some shit" "In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd." ~ Miguel de Unamuno"One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men, but no machine can do the work of one extraordinary man" -Elbert Hubbard"A proud man can learn humility...but he will be proud of that too" ~I forget who.I'm far from perfect and I know it better than anyone, but I hope to be good at what I do, when I do it...Installs I've done:My Integra: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=3161The Lexus : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=1535Law's Maxima: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=5568&hl=Jeff's 2500HD: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=5382&hl=Acura RSX-S: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=3142Z-32 300zx: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=34602004 Civic 4dr: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...?showtopic=8190Trunk/Corner Box: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=16036&hl=1969 Chevy C-10: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=20319&hl=Seat-Back AMP-RACK How-to: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...ic=9428&hl=Bunch of subs still for salehttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...l=lsn2meboom916"It's game night...we're playin......sex."~Quagmire"When disneyland started it was powered completely by orphan children running on treadmills to generate e-lectrissty…and today, them children are New York Yankees". ~Dale Gribble"Fill it with ice...then pour it up to the top of the ice...& Shut da Fu** up!" ~Urs truly.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.