Second Skin Audio

Diamond Audio D315D2.2

Hello everyone! First time post, been lurking for awhile. Anyways, I just picked up a 1996 Suburban. I put some old Rockford Fosgate RFR-1412's I had sitting around in there with a Rockford Fosgate power 800a2. It just seemed that 2 12's wasn't quite enough. So my wife said I could spend $400 on some budget subs. Well after looking around I found a guy on ebay selling refurbed Diamond Audio D3 15's for $109 each, but to my surprise he had mispriced another of his auctions for new ones at the same price. So for around $400 I got 4 brand new ones. I have never used Diamond Audio before, but from looking around people seemed to like them.

I want to make a ported box, and from looking at their site they suggest 4.5 cubic feet per sub, tuned to 34Hz. I have a ton of space in the suburban, so I didn't know if it would be better to go a little bigger than that. Having no experience with these subs, I have just been modeling different boxes in BassBox 6. I was hoping someone on here has had a little bit of experience with these subs and could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

David

I have a single 15 d3 in a 4 cubic ft. Net slot port sub and port back its tuned at 32hz in a 2000 2 dr. Blazer and i metered a 140.9 with roughly 700 watts rms on it. I love this sub. I would recommend 4 cubes especially if u plan on overpowering them. I wouldnt be afraid to go a little under 4 cubes either. I would say the sweet spot would be 3.5 -4 cubes.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

They are pretty decent subs for the money, I recently just helped my bro finish his wall blaze with four of them at 4.5 per sub, and it just crushes the lows. Hasn't had full power cause he doesn't have the electrical (aq 2200) so far they love it.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Hello everyone! First time post, been lurking for awhile. Anyways, I just picked up a 1996 Suburban. I put some old Rockford Fosgate RFR-1412's I had sitting around in there with a Rockford Fosgate power 800a2. It just seemed that 2 12's wasn't quite enough. So my wife said I could spend $400 on some budget subs. Well after looking around I found a guy on ebay selling refurbed Diamond Audio D3 15's for $109 each, but to my surprise he had mispriced another of his auctions for new ones at the same price. So for around $400 I got 4 brand new ones. I have never used Diamond Audio before, but from looking around people seemed to like them.

I want to make a ported box, and from looking at their site they suggest 4.5 cubic feet per sub, tuned to 34Hz. I have a ton of space in the suburban, so I didn't know if it would be better to go a little bigger than that. Having no experience with these subs, I have just been modeling different boxes in BassBox 6. I was hoping someone on here has had a little bit of experience with these subs and could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

David

Do you want to get rid of those RFR 1412 subs? Let me know!!!

Can't wait. The subs will be here tommorow. I was doing some measuring tonight and it looks like I have enough space to still keep the third row and fit it behind. I plan on firing the subs up and the port towards the rear, but how much space should I make sure to have from the port opening and the tailgate of the truck?

--David