Do I need upgraded electrical?

I'm very surprised DB-R would tell you that since they are an Authorized internet dealer and the specs of the amp are for 1ohm minimal load. From my understanding if you drive an amp below it's min load rating you void the warranty? Hmmm

Well I don't know what to say? That's why I have 2 d2's and a 1200d sittn in my closet, they did say however they would cover it..... For my situation? I'm just looking for answers as to what to do for this to work?

Do the big3 in 0 ga. Get the biggest agm batt you can have under your hood, a big Yellowtop can do the trick. But I've always heared Xs power and Kinetic had better products. I don't know if it' true, but the Optimas are not that bad. Another brand to look at is DEKA.

Then check your voltage with a voltmeter in the car. you may be good to go !

There are smaller batt that you can put in the back. Try to keep the same brand / kind of batt.

If db-r told you that, you can trust them. Or just get D4 subs. Or jus one sub !

Good luck.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Do the big3 in 0 ga. Get the biggest agm batt you can have under your hood, a big Yellowtop can do the trick. But I've always heared Xs power and Kinetic had better products. I don't know if it' true, but the Optimas are not that bad. Another brand to look at is DEKA.

Then check your voltage with a voltmeter in the car. you may be good to go !

There are smaller batt that you can put in the back. Try to keep the same brand / kind of batt.

If db-r told you that, you can trust them. Or just get D4 subs. Or jus one sub !

Good luck.

Yeah thanks! I've contacted Nathan that I want to purchase a 3400 and sent email but know one has contacted me back??? That's why I was thinkn yellowtop cuz they are in the area where I live....would I be smart to do alt too?

Make sure to hook up a voltmeter (like a cheap Stinger one) near the amp and have the display in view (not somewhere you can't keep an eye on it). You don't have to have a second battery, but if you play that game (.5 ohms) you have to watch your voltage because shit will blow up if you don't. That doesn't mean the gauge on the dash, that means a meter connected near the amp.

If that truck comes with a 145a alt you should be fine, but without a secondary battery you just need to be really careful about your voltage.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Make sure to hook up a voltmeter (like a cheap Stinger one) near the amp and have the display in view (not somewhere you can't keep an eye on it). You don't have to have a second battery, but if you play that game (.5 ohms) you have to watch your voltage because shit will blow up if you don't. That doesn't mean the gauge on the dash, that means a meter connected near the amp.

If that truck comes with a 145a alt you should be fine, but without a secondary battery you just need to be really careful about your voltage.

Do u have a link to the voltmeter you are talking about? I might do the xs3400 if I can find one for sale or someone gets back to me??

maybe im wrong but i thought it was SAE1200d. And Im pretty sure, Jacob had said in his bench tests that the sae series doesnt really like to be run at .5. I was under the impression that the SAZ series would be fine ( like my old 3000d ). But if the amp goes into protect under 12v, then i def wouldnt try running .5 ohm. My SAZ3000d never did that, but like i said i thought the sae1200 not only wasnt strappable but was a grade below the SAZ series. Thats why you could get the SAZ1000 for ~ the same price as the sae1200d.

Goodluck, try to keep the voltage up and dont burn ur amp

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

maybe im wrong but i thought it was SAE1200d. And Im pretty sure, Jacob had said in his bench tests that the sae series doesnt really like to be run at .5. I was under the impression that the SAZ series would be fine ( like my old 3000d ). But if the amp goes into protect under 12v, then i def wouldnt try running .5 ohm. My SAZ3000d never did that, but like i said i thought the sae1200 not only wasnt strappable but was a grade below the SAZ series. Thats why you could get the SAZ1000 for ~ the same price as the sae1200d.

I hear what your saying, but its the newer sax1200d v2

newer models, gotcha ok

I mean to be honest, with rise you will be most likely be fine, and youll be over 1 ohm but just make sure you have some electrical behind it so if it does dip below 1 ohm it doesnt crap all over it self.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

newer models, gotcha ok

I mean to be honest, with rise you will be most likely be fine, and youll be over 1 ohm but just make sure you have some electrical behind it so if it does dip below 1 ohm it doesnt crap all over it self.

Right on! So what do u recommend I do electrical wise, for the 1200?

UnderLok said it all. with a 145a alt, really 1200w isnt a huge deal. But running it at .5 ohms means itll draw more current, and approach your current electrical systems limits. So either a) Just be careful and dont push it too hard, ie:. dont run full tilt for long peroids of time maybe 1 min max. or b ) which is the better option, add a second battery, just to be safe and you should be pretty good assuming the amp can handle it.

as far as a second battery goes there are plenty of topics discussing this just search. some brands include optima, xspower, kinetik just to name a couple. there is quite a few in the for sale section.

as far as .5 ohm goes. yes you can do it simply by hooking it up and you may be ok, but it really isnt reccomended for beginners. You really need to be able to keep an eye on your voltage, and as I said a second battery is def a very good idea. As far as voltage monitoring, a cheap digital multimeter will work if you want to check while your parked or w.e, but stinger make really good voltage meters to mount in your car, and their really easy to hook up. Allows you to keep an eye on your voltage while bumpin around town.

Your best bet, simply to make sure your dont break anything is to go with option b ) and grab a voltmeter. some might say it isnt absolutely neccessary, but its better than smoking your amp.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Archived