Jump to content

USPS screwed up one of my subs...


Recommended Posts

Posted

Yall having fun. He want to try and get this resolved but has only been giving you his side of the story.

If the sub was in the box as you said lay night then the face of that same sub with the messed up magnet would have major damage to the front. I will post a picture later today of the boxes that I shipped them in. As for the complaint about your crappy camera. The one u took the first pictures with look like u had plenty of light and looked good considering that the boxes got a little messed up on the corner. And the way the magnet was in the box when I shipped them the damage shouldn't have happend. I have offered to pay u $90 for the sub and that includes shipping back to me.

As for hanging up on you to talk to my brother. I had to take the call. My brother just a few days before had his appendix removed and I didn't know if it was a medical emergency. And also he is the one that is the medatior between me and my ex wife and I am having to try and get passports for my kids and the quicker I can get a response back the better it is.

You told me at first how much for the subs and we made a deal. Then you came back and asked for a price on just 4 of them. And then yesterday you said you were putting 6 subs in your ride. And you said you only need 4 but since it was the same price for 5 as it was for 4 of them. U said ship them. So make up your mind.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear






dc_audio.jpg

Posted

ok now is there only one woofer that is screwed up with a chipped magnet? All my DDs have small chips out of the ferrite. Does fi make a boot to cover their magnets?

do these still read the correct impedence and play? no shifted coils etc?

after this is resolved I will be adding some new rules of selling to this forum

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

from what n8 requested heres the pic...

DSCN1648.jpg

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Posted

Yall having fun. He want to try and get this resolved but has only been giving you his side of the story.

If the sub was in the box as you said lay night then the face of that same sub with the messed up magnet would have major damage to the front. I will post a picture later today of the boxes that I shipped them in. As for the complaint about your crappy camera. The one u took the first pictures with look like u had plenty of light and looked good considering that the boxes got a little messed up on the corner. And the way the magnet was in the box when I shipped them the damage shouldn't have happend. I have offered to pay u $90 for the sub and that includes shipping back to me.

As for hanging up on you to talk to my brother. I had to take the call. My brother just a few days before had his appendix removed and I didn't know if it was a medical emergency. And also he is the one that is the medatior between me and my ex wife and I am having to try and get passports for my kids and the quicker I can get a response back the better it is.

You told me at first how much for the subs and we made a deal. Then you came back and asked for a price on just 4 of them. And then yesterday you said you were putting 6 subs in your ride. And you said you only need 4 but since it was the same price for 5 as it was for 4 of them. U said ship them. So make up your mind.

only one side of the sotry? from what i have posted i have tried to get both sides as best as i can and i think i did a damn good job. look at all of my previous posts... i edited them last night after we had talked, because i did not know your brother was in the hospital. i thought i was extremly rude to hang up on a customer for your brother but under your cercumstances i understand..

like ive told you a million times i look at like i bought 5 subs for 90, not 4 for 112 and i get one for free.

ok now is there only one woofer that is screwed up with a chipped magnet? All my DDs have small chips out of the ferrite. Does fi make a boot to cover their magnets?

do these still read the correct impedence and play? no shifted coils etc?

after this is resolved I will be adding some new rules of selling to this forum

everything with the sub is fine except for cosmetics...

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Posted

Ok I have a suggestion on how to fix this that Ive ran by the seller. Once he responds we can take it from there. I'm not sure if its going to work or not.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Ive talked to Nick about this just now. He thinks they have some boot covers that you could use with these. This is the cheapest way to handle this and neither party be too upset. whats everyone say?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Cool by me, as long as I can get 5 so they all look the same

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Posted

Nvm looks like this is going in the right direction now

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted

Looked..sorry..no boots.

My advice..stick the sub in the box, and don't worry about it.

Chips like that in ferrite magnets are common..that's why JL uses a boot on the W7. The magnets that they have put on them are WAY off..some as much as 1/8" on each side because they do not restack them and line them up...

By the time magnets get here from china its VERY common for them to be chipped like that..

You'll never ever hear a difference.

-2 cents.

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Posted

pt1.png

pt2.png

he knew the deal about buy 4 and just pay the shipping on the 5th one from the start.

and from what he told me that if the sub was in the box upside down that it would have messed the face of the sub up a lot worse. see pic

K. Well my main concern is that the motor that has chips shouldn't. Based off the way it was pkg'ed and that the same way FI shipped them.

this.jpg

In the green circle it was taped up into a square and had the foam that is under the motors on the bottom to protect them and it covers most if not all of the motor. He complains about it but hasn't posted any pics. IMHO that would have been one of the pics. As for the insurance he didn't pay for it nor did I offer it. Insurance thru USPS is extra. I have never had a problem shipping anything thru USPS. As for hanging up on him I told him I had to take this call from my brother. For 2 reasons! He just had his appendix removed and plus he's the mediator between me and my ex wife. And I am currently dealing with getting her to sign papers so I can get passports for my kids.

your crying because i didnt put up pics of the magnet... observe wise ones. these are the best pics i have.

i dont have a legit camera so i have to use my phone. i dont have good lighting so i have to use a flash. (these where taken last night) i tried taking better ones outside today. no such luck.

(You complained about the magnet from the start but yet it took you several days to get the pics up and from what I can tell that camera you took the first pics with is nice and was able to pick up a lot of detail, AND AND you had plenty of light. yet you didnt have the sense to take a pic of the magnet.)

here ya go

7424e547.jpg

ab4aedc8.jpg

ccaf0ae0.jpg

ive been talking all day with him. what he is proposing is that he was going to sell me 4 subs for 450 and then give me the 5th one for free. what i see it as, is that i bought every single sub for 90 each. but he thinks that i shouldnt have to pay to fix this one. but im "special" enough for him to give me 90 for the sub but i have to spend 20 on shipping to get it to him.

he says its partially my fault for not putting insurance on the package and is now saying that im lying and the subs isnt even broke because i didnt put pics up. hes also said that he has been talking to other mods and that they will advise him what to do.

(never said you were lying just said pic's or it didn't happen.)

i asked him to give me 90 and i would bite my lip and pay the rest to get this thing fixed. he said no. does that seem unfair or am i just crazy? I never no I said lets figure this out. and you were telling me last night that you were putting 6 of them in your trailblazer but from your text you were considering only getting four because of space.

when I made the offer for the boot around the magnet you were making fun of that idea. someone else says it and your like hmm maybe.

i am getting very pissed off and just want this issue taken care of. the seller is not doing a good job of helping the buyer get what he wants....

Final note. Before you start dogging people and letting them try and get a handle on the situation don't go off and make that person out to be an ass. As I see it you tried to get a low price on the 5 subs and I did give you that and ate the cost of it. And then you were like how much for just four of them. I think this is your way of getting that discount you wanted and since I didn't go down on the price by $90.

As for the insurance you should have requested it and paid for it.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear






dc_audio.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2245 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...