Sonic Electronix

My dealings with Power Bastards

I placed an order with Power Bastards a couple of days ago hoping for a smooth transaction. Their prices are great and from what I hear their alts are ok, considering the price. I figure even if the alt only last a year or two it would be worth it.

So I sent them the money via Paypal in the amount of $225 for a 220amp which is the price that was advertised on their site. I'm thinking great I will have my alt in a few days and can move on to batteries and such.....WRONG! This is the email I get from them shortly after.

Hi and thank you for the order. Unfortunately the alternator you purchased had an incorrect price. I am not sure if the PayPal site attached the wrong price to the order or some other glitch occurred. The price of the 220A alternator for your GMC Sonoma is $289 for a difference of $64. I’ll send a PayPal invoice for the difference and if you wish to purchase the unit you’ll need to pay that invoice. These are in stock and shipping today pending payment. Sorry for the mixup.

Thank you,

Mike Savino

It's only $64 but thats not a good way to do business. If you have advertised a product for months at $225 you should honor that until it is changed. I asked for a full refund and will be contacting Mechman as soon as it gets refunded. That is all :drink40:

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

the alt would ahve sucked anyways.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

the alt would ahve sucked anyways.

LOL that may be true, however if I was selling it here and did the same thing to a member wouldnt people take exception to it? It's just the principle of how they handled it. A good company would have ate the $64 and honored their pricing. I should have just bit the bullet and called Mechman to begin with :angry:

2000 GMC Sonoma

AQ20 FTMFW!

4 DC XL 15's

Cadence ZRS-C9

Infiniti Kappa 3.5's and 6x8's

Bravox 6.5 components

DCSig.jpg

Come on... you're making out like they deliberately screwed you. The guy sounded perfectly reasonable in the email, even apologetic. It's not necessarily his fault and if it's a small business struggling to get by then your $64 makes a big difference.

I mean fair enough if you say OK, that's fine, I'll have a refund, but personally I think it's a bit rough to make out that they're not 'a good company' (i.e. a bad company)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Guest grim83

Come on... you're making out like they deliberately screwed you. The guy sounded perfectly reasonable in the email, even apologetic. It's not necessarily his fault and if it's a small business struggling to get by then your $64 makes a big difference.

I mean fair enough if you say OK, that's fine, I'll have a refund, but personally I think it's a bit rough to make out that they're not 'a good company' (i.e. a bad company)

I have to agree i work for a small struggling business and sometimes u cant just eat it. now i admit he couldve worded it better, like offering the refund straight out or maybe cutting the price down a bit as an appology

it's called false advertising, and they HAVE to honor the price. it's the law. Truth In Advertising...look it up

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

That mix up, no matter how reasonable or apologetic they sound CAN and most likely WILL cost them their company it that "mistake" keeps occurring. Why, because BAIT & SWITCH is grounds for a lawsuit.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Archived