Sonic Electronix

is there a difference between car and marine speakers? or will they generally sound the same? i was looking at some infinity 6.5s and liked the look of the marine ones better, but would they sound as good?

2007 mustang

Boyo avn701d

hifonics bxi2610

2 olm 2415s

hifonics 100.4

2 infinity 6x8s

2 kicker comp cvt 8s

I am guessing they will sound as good as any other sized speaker, but they are made to be water resistant, so you can put on motor cycles or outside where water will be present.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Yea I think the main difference is in the weather resistance. There may be some sound quality differences because they use different materials for the surrounds and cones to make them weather resistant but I'm not sure how much it would affect the sound quality.

I am guessing they will sound as good as any other sized speaker, but they are made to be water resistant, so you can put on motor cycles or outside where water will be present.

This. Dont confuse the "resistant" with "proof!"

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

thanks for the info. i stopped by my local stereo shop and asked them. of course if they don't sell it then they have never heard of it and dont recommend it (like half the brands on here). but was sayin that in a boat the fiber glass or whatever needs more pitch to sound good so it would take some tuning to sound good in a car

2007 mustang

Boyo avn701d

hifonics bxi2610

2 olm 2415s

hifonics 100.4

2 infinity 6x8s

2 kicker comp cvt 8s

This. Dont confuse the "resistant" with "proof!"

proof means you could dunk em underwater and theyd still work 100%. Where resistant means they can get wet and they'll be fine.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

^^Thanks Merriam-Webster...I mean Alex B)

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

^^Thanks Merriam-Webster...I mean Alex B)

you're welcome sweetie pie. I'll come tuck you in bed and bring you a glass of warm milk after your mother finishes cleaning up :)

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

thanks for the info. i stopped by my local stereo shop and asked them. of course if they don't sell it then they have never heard of it and dont recommend it (like half the brands on here). but was sayin that in a boat the fiber glass or whatever needs more pitch to sound good so it would take some tuning to sound good in a car

my polk db 6500 comps are merine rated for uv and water resistant, i dont know about the dunking em in water to find out lol but they are pritty beefy

mine are the older white carbonfiber ones with rubber surrounds

i got em running active and i wouldn't go back to xovers if i didn't have to, way better sq imo

but anyways most of the difference is how there built and the meterials they use

like mine wit carbon fiber covered cone with rubber surround and some kinda red looking spider makes em kinda sorta take the abuse of weather like being in a rear deck getting baked by the sun 12hrs a day or so, kinda why factory speakers dont last as long, there just built tougher than normal speakers

normally in a boat setup there out in the open instead of a car when there out of the weather somewhat

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif