Sonic Electronix

So im mounting my amps where my back seat used to be, and what are people methods to protect your equipment or at least slow a thief down if they were to try and steal it? Im nervous of keeping 3 amps in my back seat in view. Yes i have a nice alarm and tinted windows but if you look close you can see. Is there anyway of mounting or anything i can do to make it that much harder for someone to walk off with? I dont have a welder so cant really tack weld the nuts on threaded rod like ive seen someone do but id like to sleep comfortable. Any help would be appreciated

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

get one of those electrical shocker that can transfer throughout the body of the car and have it where you can dis arm it when you are leaving! doubt you can actually do this but it sure would be nice.

(2007 Chevy Tahoe LT)

Mechman 320A

OEM AGM 

D'Amore Engineering HLC-2 Sig Converter

D'Amore Engineering E1500.1

Fi Audio Neo 3.5 12"

get one of those electrical shocker that can transfer throughout the body of the car and have it where you can dis arm it when you are leaving! doubt you can actually do this but it sure would be nice.

x2^^

Get a nice 2 farad capacitor and hook it up to discharge throughout the body of the car when something touches it while the alarm is engaged. A nice 2 farads of capacitance or 2 coulombs of charge going through your body would sure stop somebody from stealing your system.

On a serious note, uhm maybe use an odd headed bolt to secure the amps with so if they do break in they are not prepared with the right tool. You could also get like a blanket to cover them up with or something?

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

Some people like to be able to show there amps off if u go to car shows and things,but just driving everyday u really don't need them showing, so u could make a cover that u can take off when u won't to show off ur amps and hide when u would like. Hell u could even add a lock on it just if u wonted to be safe

"SilveradoGoesBang"

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155256-silveradogoesbang-box-done-take-notes-on-bracing/

2 FI BTL 18's

CT Sounds 7k

2013 MidwestSPL Finals Xtreme 3 - 1st Place

x2^^

Get a nice 2 farad capacitor and hook it up to discharge throughout the body of the car when something touches it while the alarm is engaged. A nice 2 farads of capacitance or 2 coulombs of charge going through your body would sure stop somebody from stealing your system.

On a serious note, uhm maybe use an odd headed bolt to secure the amps with so if they do break in they are not prepared with the right tool. You could also get like a blanket to cover them up with or something?

Yeah thats a good idea, i just have to make it hard or a pain it the ass to get because if someone really wants them they will try. I have no room to put them in the trunk so they have to be out so ill try amd make a cover or some shit amd use a different headed screw. I just wanted to see what others may have done in the past, i know im not the only one who would worry thier shit would get lifted

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

this is the kind of stuff im gonna do and bolt and screw everything down and they just cant unscrew or bolt it. and if done right they will have a very hard time trying to rip it out

http://www.securityfasteners.net/Security-Wood-Screws/View-all-products.html

something like this would work well and look clean http://www.hudsonfasteners.com/sec/sec_sp_phsts.htm

Edited by Loudcivic

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

bomb ready to blow when armed :-)

serious note im a FIRM beleiver of out of sight out of mind, and you can get security screws that have diferent shapes to use, avaid torx bits unless they have the nippled center because you can use a straight head to unscrew torx bits and you can also get screw covers to hit the screws,

another thing you could do if you still dong install is what i did to my system is to get this off you have to take that off and to take that off you need to take that off which is blocked by this thing ect... hard to reach brackets help also

i would simply do bolts to hold the amps down. then the thief has to get to the backside of the bolt as well as the front so he needs 2 tools. then you could recess the bolt on the back side so you cant get a crecent wrench into it. now make the bolt too long for a regular socket and they would have to have deep well sockets. thats a simple way to do it and it would just take too much time to figure out even if they did have the correct tools, since you probably wont be able to see the nut on the back side to fine what size it is.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.