best place to buy wiring?

Shok wire or Knuconceptz but if your going with Knu only get the Kolossus fleks, pure OFC cable, stay away from CCA

Car: 1995 Thunderbird

System:

Pioneer deh5100ub HU

Pioneer/Lightning Audio 5x7's

1 Hifonics 1610D amp

2 Obsidian Audio 12's

4cu.ft. box tuned to 30hz

8 farad Boss Audio cap

4 gauge power/ground wire

Youtube

Facebook

For the price and quality that you get, cant go wrong with knukonceptz

Best for the price: KnuKonceptz

Best wiring you can get: TryStar Cable

knu, great strand count and quite cheap. my favorite personally, and its flexy.

So then, what Im to understand by reading this is that even though the quality is shitty, and not copper, which is the best conductor for the money, that you should run cheap wire in your expensive ride? Hmmm...

People, don't run KNU, its cheap wire, that will get someone killed one day... Do your electrical right, don't cheap up on the most important part of your system...

I haven't heard anyone got kill from running Knu electrical wiring. Not everyones could afford good electrical wiring and you get what you pay for. If you want good electrical wiring then look into RF or Tsunami. You can even check your local welding shop for electrical wiring.

welding cable exceeds NEMA Class K rating. The cable is made from fine gage, annealed copper wire per ASTM B3, providing excellent flexibility and long life.

You can name it after yorself if you want.

1/0 wire $3.00 a ft. cut to length wanted

copper ends $1.50 each

www.blueghost.org

hey i got your pm but i dont see the stuff on your website. but do you have 2 gauge. ive decided to change everything to 2 gauge instead. i dont need 0. im only on 1000 watts... and is welding cable better then cca? it looks like its pure copper... is this correct?

So then, what Im to understand by reading this is that even though the quality is shitty, and not copper, which is the best conductor for the money, that you should run cheap wire in your expensive ride? Hmmm...

People, don't run KNU, its cheap wire, that will get someone killed one day... Do your electrical right, don't cheap up on the most important part of your system...

How do you get Knu will kill somebody one day?

Are you referring to the CCA wire? Which if used within its limits, will not cause ANY PROBLEMs.

So now your saying anybody using Aluminum as buss bars or ect will eventually get killed also?

Or are you talking about their Tinned OFC wire? Do you know what tinned copper means? They use Pure copper then undergo a tinning process to prevent corrosion. Isn't that a good thing?! It is still Purecopper, and with over 5k strand count, bigger than average 1/0.

Before you go off and say people will die if used Knu, make sure their is some REAL truth behind it.

Any good pure OFC wire will work. If you think corrosion will be a problem tinned OFC is your Best bet.

yea corrosion would be a problem by me. im near chicago so everything rusts with all the damn salt we use in the winter, and its a plow truck so im out in the worst of it through the winter. but i will look into welding cable, i maight actually have some in my garage lol i have to look again. thanks guys.

How do you get Knu will kill somebody one day?

Are you referring to the CCA wire? Which if used within its limits, will not cause ANY PROBLEMs.

So now your saying anybody using Aluminum as buss bars or ect will eventually get killed also?

Or are you talking about their Tinned OFC wire? Do you know what tinned copper means? They use Pure copper then undergo a tinning process to prevent corrosion. Isn't that a good thing?! It is still Purecopper, and with over 5k strand count, bigger than average 1/0.

Before you go off and say people will die if used Knu, make sure their is some REAL truth behind it.

Any good pure OFC wire will work. If you think corrosion will be a problem tinned OFC is your Best bet.

:popcorn:

but Im switching to Monster 400 series from Knu's CCA... :shrug:

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

^ I think he was talking not only about people running huge amounts of current through their CCA from being uninformed, but also on the thickness of the PVC jacket on the flex.

I run KNU and I've never had a problem with any wire they've made, the problem was with an RF wire actually...but that's another story of how a shop almost burnt down my car.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

I dont give a rats ass...KnuKonceptz is some of the best wiring ive worked with...flexible, durable, safe , and has a good strand count....not to mention they have a nice look. :good:

You sir, need to expand your horizons then.

Are they good for the money, yes. Are they some of the best though? No.

Hunter,

There is nothing wrong with KNU, and can be considered some of the Best, because there is no such thing.

But I'm interesed in what you think is better?

yea corrosion would be a problem by me. im near chicago so everything rusts with all the damn salt we use in the winter, and its a plow truck so im out in the worst of it through the winter. but i will look into welding cable, i maight actually have some in my garage lol i have to look again. thanks guys.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with welding cable.

But if its not tinned, and cost 3 dollars a foot for 1/0(which is not car audio standard, and smaller) and other tinned car audio 1/0 is 3.25 a foot.

It is wise to spent the little extra, just in case. Even though, it could take quiet a good bit of time before corroison accures. A few dollars now could save you a lot later. But this is just my opinion.

Archived