MECA California suggestions/comments thread

atsaubrey

Late comers SHOULD be cut some dang slack. Espectially if your driving 2-3 hours for a show and find out your late and cannot compete. Takes the fun out of it real quick, this is supposed to be FUN right?

We dont want it to end up like db drag <_<

I disagree, you should plan accordingly. It's not like the shows are a last minute thing; it says on every flyer when registration is and when judging is.

We have a teammate who travels 4 hours and is never late.

:drinks:

Teamflexissueslong.jpg1995 Sonoma with camper shellJVC KD-R900(12) Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 15s

Crescendo BC5500 ( sent to me not 18v capable)(7) XS Power d1600(2) 350amp Mike Singer AltsStripper Pole FTW

Member Build Under ConstructionYoutube Videos

when is "late"? i sure do like to get my sleep but i get there just before the lanes open.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

when is "late"? i sure do like to get my sleep but i get there just before the lanes open.

I think if you're not in the parking lot by the time the lanes open... no competition for you that day. IMO

Teamflexissueslong.jpg1995 Sonoma with camper shellJVC KD-R900(12) Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection 15s

Crescendo BC5500 ( sent to me not 18v capable)(7) XS Power d1600(2) 350amp Mike Singer AltsStripper Pole FTW

Member Build Under ConstructionYoutube Videos

I usually show early but sometimes theres complications along the way and you show up late.

Everyone complaining about the class rules and people showing up late...

Bleh id rather spend 35$ in gas beating my doors off inside my car :popcorn:

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

I usually show early but sometimes theres complications along the way and you show up late.

Everyone complaining about the class rules and people showing up late...

Bleh id rather spend 35$ in gas beating my doors off inside my car :popcorn:

This is missing the point. Each and every competitors time should be respected as a valued asset. Respecting their time is showing respect to the individual and his or her commitment to competing. If you would browse the my first post the point is there are people showing up and then reading the placements on the computer and then deciding upon either spending the money on a entry fee or not! (late entry sniffing was exposed at the db drag event and dealt with accordingly). For instance if I were in S2 and waited until 4:00pm to show up since most people had made their runs and I saw a score I couldn't beat I would just go home with my 35 dollars in my pocket nothing risked. Your point of road issues is a valid one and so is Aubreys. Aubreys point is the more competitors the better for growing the sport!

On the alts read JR's sig and you'll find one of the people you missed. And make sure you check the mod entrys to because there is a line of demarcation for the number of alts depending upon class.

Keep on Keepin on Alpine it's just a speed bump or pothole you can't see all of them but once you hit one you'll know to miss that one next time.

Skittles Everyone is welcome to Call the Commissioner for clarification of the rules. What precipitated my call was a to get a final ruling on a build. The rule in question was very vague however while on the phone we ended up in a lengthy conversation. I would hate to go to finals find out what I was running here in California was illegal.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

on the 26" rule??

whats the verdict?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Lets get some interpretations from our judges first. Rule in question is:

8. All 2 seat non-trunk vehicles: enclosure must be no higher than the bottom of the rear side glass but may not exceed

24” and must be no more than 26” from the center of the top rear door plastic panel.

It can be done I just got to figure out how to do it. Joseph Alt is running S4 with a ab 1100.1 in a crx and post a 155??? ish I'd have to look it up again.

Typical height in a rex is 18 max so you could use 6" of the wheel well. It's the second part that is cornfusing.

No more than 26” from the center of the top rear door plastic panel.

So does this mean the total box can't be more than 26" away from the rear loading surface?

Or does it mean you can't load to the rear of the car?

If you are limited to 26 inches away you would really be limited to 20 if you were to port back.

Or does it mean 26" from the plastic on the hatch panel this would give the competitor about 8" more than the other way.

Is the rule even fair when Hoe's can run 4 18" subs and have enclosures as big as 20 cubes? While limiting the crx to as little as 6 cubes gross not including any displacements. Will external ports be included in the measurements?

This thread is getting a little hostile, everyone take step back and take a breath and remember we are all just trying to answer some questions/concerns.

Soapbox (Steve) really watch how your wording is bro, I know you are passionate about competing but, if you are going to question every judgement we make then be prepared to have you and your team under the microscope. We've been competing for over 10 years and this is only our second year with MECA and we are just like you, still learning. Alpine, as you know has just as much experience competing as Bill and myself and we truly understand about bad judgement calls at shows can cost you at finals. We are here to help as much as possible and hopefully share as much experience as we can. The dedication you and your team have shown this far in the season is great and I look forward to seeing big numbers from you guys.

Lets get some interpretations from our judges first. Rule in question is:

8. All 2 seat non-trunk vehicles: enclosure must be no higher than the bottom of the rear side glass but may not exceed

24” and must be no more than 26” from the center of the top rear door plastic panel.

This rule isn't really based around a particular vehicle but address ALL 2 seat non trunk cars which would also include some sports cars and cargo vans. In which case, I believe the measurements come into play and are voided in a CRX application. However, this is my understanding and would consult with Alpine and Bill about it ultimately letting Aubrey make the final decision.

Archived