MECA California suggestions/comments thread

atsaubrey

meh, this has become more of a mudslinging thing...the judges arent perfect, but whatever..they are human, we cant expect them to be..do your build and go compete..i dont feel that complaining about every little rule is necessary..if you lost in your class i feel that its more likely you lost because your build was not good enough that day rather then being the victim of a bad judgement call..I agree that those showing up late and checking scores are faggots, but even then, if their system is legal and they beat you, they beat you with a better install that day, not because they showed up late...many rules are kind of irrelevent. My theory is that if it didnt make someone louder, who cares. I lost my class last time but never once thought about complaining of any frivilous ruling; its on me to get louder.. The competitors need to understand that the judges are not perfect. The judges need to understand that competitors have the right to legitimate complaints..Its a give and take thing and if we cannot come to equilibrium on it, it is going to be hard to advance the sport. I do agree however that ruling needs to be tighter at 2x and 3x shows to give those who wish to go on to nationals a taste of pure rule enforcement...

Lastly, Kimo, I understand that you tried to reiterate your wording. You are treading on shallow ground. As a judge, you are an ambassador for meca. This site has a huge population of competitors and potential competitors. Should any of them deem your comments to create a bias against a particular team, that can hurt the viability of luring more competitors to the sport. One of the huge compliants that Baseballz had with the finals gaff last year was that him and his team had spent so much money on meca, just to feel betrayed by them. None of us are millionares. We all work hard for our money, so its a fine line on potentially ostrasizing a team, especially a team that has many members and has brought revenue to the organization. Its one of those things that can create the sentiment of "fine, i will spend my hard earned money elsewhere"....

I know that you are a good guy, and your intentions were likely not geared in this fashion. But understand this; as a judge you represent Meca. I also want to point out to the others in this thread; as a competitor you also represent your team (or yourself if you fly solo). We all represent the hobby, our teams and ourselves...lets make sure we are not heaping dirt on that.....

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

wow glad i missed a majority of the thread. my opinion is this once you get loud all the eyes are on you.It happened to me with my Rhinoliner an i fixed it and got louder lol.there is always going to be rivalry thats the nature of competeing. but i can honestly say i consider my rivals AI Ray ,and nyman my friends.i have learned from both an enjoy competing against them win or lose.as far as cheating thats going to happen lso its human nature for some people to try an cheat, but they will get caught.I love caraudio and competeing, if i was losing would i? yes id be striving to get louder and i still do. the judges are doing a fine job imo and i am friends with most lets all stay positive and help make meca grow

best post here in a while thanks ray!

no onw will be ignored and all issues will be adressed we do our best and are getting better every show!

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Drama........now I know MECA is growing, it's getting the growing pains!

I don't know who in mod has too many alternators, hopefully that wasn't meant for me, there aren't many of us mod guys, I'm on a single stock 105 amp :) I will ask to be verified next time. Not that i think it would benefit me much on a 60 amp fuse anyways. I even leave my amp and wiring loose so I CAN'T cheat with hidden wires and fuses. I'd even be willing to pay $5 extra entry fee to have fuses provided so no one can cheat there. I really don't like cheating.......

I'd like to finish with a thank you to the judges, without them, we don't get to have fun competing in the first place!

Clovis Custom Audio 559-392-3600

96 Silverado Single Cab

2-DD9515's Cut-through

1-DDSE Amp

Stock electrical and a couple small stingers, LOL

thats what I'm saying guys. this is all just for fun. i have never thought my rivals were cheating. it never even crossed my mind. and with meca i hardly even realize who is in my class lol.

there is a lot of talk about getting the rules right so you will be ready for finals... well i have been at this just long enough to know that people talk about finals all year... then almost no one goes. so are you guys really going to drive to Oklahoma this year? that's awesome if you guys really are going but it would be pretty annoying if you complain about getting ready for finals all year then refuse to go to finals because its too far away.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

meh, this has become more of a mudslinging thing...the judges arent perfect, but whatever..they are human, we cant expect them to be..do your build and go compete..i dont feel that complaining about every little rule is necessary..if you lost in your class i feel that its more likely you lost because your build was not good enough that day rather then being the victim of a bad judgement call..I agree that those showing up late and checking scores are faggots, but even then, if their system is legal and they beat you, they beat you with a better install that day, not because they showed up late...many rules are kind of irrelevent. My theory is that if it didnt make someone louder, who cares. I lost my class last time but never once thought about complaining of any frivilous ruling; its on me to get louder.. The competitors need to understand that the judges are not perfect. The judges need to understand that competitors have the right to legitimate complaints..Its a give and take thing and if we cannot come to equilibrium on it, it is going to be hard to advance the sport. I do agree however that ruling needs to be tighter at 2x and 3x shows to give those who wish to go on to nationals a taste of pure rule enforcement...

Lastly, Kimo, I understand that you tried to reiterate your wording. You are treading on shallow ground. As a judge, you are an ambassador for meca. This site has a huge population of competitors and potential competitors. Should any of them deem your comments to create a bias against a particular team, that can hurt the viability of luring more competitors to the sport. One of the huge compliants that Baseballz had with the finals gaff last year was that him and his team had spent so much money on meca, just to feel betrayed by them. None of us are millionares. We all work hard for our money, so its a fine line on potentially ostrasizing a team, especially a team that has many members and has brought revenue to the organization. Its one of those things that can create the sentiment of "fine, i will spend my hard earned money elsewhere"....

I know that you are a good guy, and your intentions were likely not geared in this fashion. But understand this; as a judge you represent Meca. I also want to point out to the others in this thread; as a competitor you also represent your team (or yourself if you fly solo). We all represent the hobby, our teams and ourselves...lets make sure we are not heaping dirt on that.....

I agree if someone read that paragraph of the post andthey could take take offense. However, that was/is not my intent and as "the whole post" stated it is just to be careful of what you post and how you post it. It was an "EXAMPLE".

We are by far not perfect and we are for the most part just as new to MECA as the rest. I personally don't take offense to things easily but, like the way this thread has lost its path so has the competition scene and I like the rest of the competitors enjoy what we do. I do miss competing but "in the spirit of competition" it did not seem ethical (or finincially feasible) to do both.

Please continue your comments and as we won't take the comments personal don't take our advice or examples as attacks.

man this just keeps on going with the same guy always complaining about someone or something dc ray youre cool as shit im finding out as the more comps i go to as well as most of youre other teammates one day ill b up there with you guys youre rino liner was victom of one of youre team members wanting stricter rules i dont think anyone cared youre not compeating with anyone eles really except ai ray i and my team are always following the rules as much as we know how ill let anyone look through my system as for being late sometimes it is hard for me i am on call 24/7 for work right now so i usualy put in a lot of hours also ive always been in the same class except for autorama but i steped down because of system issues i can see where it sux to get beat hell i just all of a suddedn am getting 2nds now but its just because i have a better compeditor above me now im not bitching or complaning about it im trying to see what i can do to beat his ass ftb fuck the bitching

american bass 1100.1 2 hertz hdp4 m&h amps hertz xls audison voice mids and highs 4 fi hybrid subs 1 xs power g31 batt and 6 banks of maxwell caps big 3 mechman 270 singer 350 and another singer 300 amp alts 7 runs of 4/0 TEAM bass drop meca s4 2011 153.7 db at headrest 4 15s

i got a break down of the 26 inch rule from the comish!

ok the box can be as close to the rear hatch as you want it and yes extrnal ports count... now from the rear hatch to the front of the box (ports to) cant be bigger than 26 inches

meaning you cant have your box up to the b pillar and be in street class this limits the crx natural acoustcal advantage

if its not clear shoot me a pm with a number and i can call you and explain it better but i have the rule and the break down the 26 inch rule is in affect

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

wow i see some people whining about rules because they have one of the easiest cars to get loud and are still playing around in 146 land...terrible to try to accuse others of cheating due to ones own inability.

and another accusing people of cheating when they have no idea how to setup thier system so that they arent burning coils in a humongous wall that cant even break a 50....what a freekin joke.

Anyhow...any of you are free to look over Rays, Mine or Ryans builds even if your not a judge, just so we can be sure there's no cheating going on.

We are all very approachable, if you think somethings up...call us on it at the time not after all is said and done where nothing can be verified either way.

LMAO

It looks like you knew what I was talking about when I mentioned a broken rule with a HUGE impact didn't you. I'm just gonna keep it at that....for now.

And I'm burning coils? Nope not me, I'll show you the coil when I take it out and it'll be the cleanest coils you've seen except for the side that is RUBBING. So if you think about it, one sub is putting up my scores. And that sub is getting 2500rms, before rise, and since the other sub is technically not functional, the sub that IS working is in a box that is way too big for it.

So next time you want to come at me get some background info so it won't be this easy to reply.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

lets keep the mudslinging out of this...memo to all; lets just get louder and quit complaining; lets ensure that Cali claims most of the national records this year; lets take our builds beyond the point of assumed ceilings in our respective classes...mudslinging advances no one, and certainly not our hobby, teams, shops etc..

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

Looks like people are pointing fingers my way.

So...

Im legal beagle as far as I know.

Ill have to go double check my crx for the 26" thing.

Other than that..i got nothing to hide.

Ray m has been in my truck before, ive shown everything to anyone who has ever asked me.

See ya in two weeks fegs

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Archived